|"Concealed" pocket opened up- more like discrete pocket|
|Embroidery pattern from www.bobbinforappliques.com|
The front of the purse has a phone slip pocket, for easy access.
Inside are 3 slip pockets, of various sizes.
Also, all that thickness made my sewing machine do wobbly stitching as I tried to topstitch, so I gave up and added bias tape edging. I think it really makes the bag pop, so I'm going to pretend that was my plan the whole time. ;)
Here's the best I can describe how I made the pocket - First, I cut 2 extra lining fabric pieces to match the middle section. Use a zipper that will end up at least 1/2" (or whatever your seam allowance is) away from the top and bottom. I put the zipper face down on the outside piece, lining up the edge of the zipper about 1/4" in from the right edge of the center panel fabric. Then I layered one of the lining pieces on top of that, right sides together. Using a zipper foot, I stitched close to the zipper, along the entire length of the zipper. I moved the zipper in from the edge so that I could match the seam allowance, so you may need to fiddle a bit to figure out how much to move it in.
|Right sides together - back center panel and lining - wash away double sided zipper tape is amazing!|
|Zipper edge in the seam allowance|
|the zipper is attached to the back center panel, note it doesn't go all the way to the top|
|Side panel ready to be sewn - with flex foam fused onto it|
|Checking for gun fit with my 'to scale' Lego model|
|Discrete zipper, mostly blends in. Zipper is from Emmaline Bags, a longer zipper pull and very sturdy zipper!|
|Fully open - half my arm fits inside!|