|Test purse - I am totally in love with this one, but I don't NEED another purse....|
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
I'm trying to get everything caught up so I can focus on the sew along, but so far that means a lot of mostly finished projects are now everywhere in my craft studio...I just need a few more hours of time to dedicate to finishing everything! (or days. Or weeks....) I can't wait to cross them all off next week! Something about crossing stuff off my list fills me with joy. So much joy.
Monday, August 14, 2017
It's time once again for a fun sew along! This is going to be a fast one, only 2 weeks, but we are doing one of the Easy Street patterns, so it shouldn't take you too long (famous last words...) and we are here to guide you along! As a bonus, there will also be a video guide done by Amanda to help you get through any tricky spots!
|I decided to try printing the pattern in booklet form, as long as you have good eyesight, it's perfect! Just print the pattern pieces in FULL size!|
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
I was feeling like I had room to breathe again, so obviously that's a sign I need to take on a million more projects! Someday I'll finish building the shelves for my sewing room and get it totally set up, but for now I'd rather navigate the obstacle course and sew instead!
|Fun fabric for the Ellen's Esplanade lining - opening a purse to this would make me happy!|
Tuesday, August 8, 2017
It's time for another sew along, this time we'll be doing the Fiona's Freeway by ChrisW designs. This is the latest in her Easy Street Sew and Sell line, so it should be a relatively quick and stylish sew!
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Seriously, where is the summer going? I swear it was just the start of June yesterday! I'm not ready for the summer to end, but I am looking forward to nice cool temperatures and excuses to crochet hats...or maybe sew them!
|Hats all cut and ready to go!|
|I have a large stash of this fabric, need to make more things with it!|
Monday, July 31, 2017
I finally finished another project (I kept getting distracted...) but this one needs to go off for the 'good' pictures, so just a quick sneak peek while we wait!
|I'm pretty sure the flap is just wavy in the picture, not that I went wavy on the topstitching I was sewing at midnight...|
Thursday, July 27, 2017
Now that I finally finished the Beast bag, it's time to move on to the next thing on the list...or take a break and try to set up the rest of my craft studio! After a 5 hour Ikea trip, I have a table top for my cutting station, a stool to use at it (or my kids will now have a place to sit as they hover and watch me sew), dividers for my vinyl shelves, and some more boxes for random organizing! Now it just all needs put together....but I started at least!
Eventually the table top will be secured to the shelves -- hopefully pretty soon since I seem to stumble around and bounce off stuff when I'm doing late night sewing. There were so many other ideas of fun organizing I saw at Ikea, but with limited wall space (shelves for fabric!), I had to resist the urge to buy all the things. Thursday is my birthday, so I'm taking a vacation day to do either everything I want, or nothing at all. I haven't decided yet, but either way it will be awesome!
|Not a good shot, but the grey is a divider that hooks onto the middle of the shelf, so now the bottom vinyls might get less squished...maybe|
|Look at all that space for cutting...or activities!|
- Teacher purses (school's out, but they are willing to wait - fabrics all picked out, pattern printed and half cut out, goal is to finish before the end of July - in 5 days....)
- Springs Creative projects
(2)(One left, interfacing all prepped, need to cut the fabric!)
- Swoon Sydney messenger bags for birthday presents (from April and May...)
Beast Bonnie Bucket Bag- Done! Soon will be on the way to his new home
Current Crochet Projects:
- WeeBee baby doll -
Tail/bikini left.Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
- Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
- Figuring out C2C (corner to corner) crochet with some random scarfie yarn...ran out of yarn before I finished! Now to decide if I frog back with yarn that hates being undone, or buy another skein if I can find it...
- Started the Mermaid tail towel, hopefully will come together fast since it using a giant hook and thick yarn.
- Started working on cowls for the fall because they are mindless and fast...but I really should totally finish them, not leave them with tails and button-less...
Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)
- Handkerchief Purse
- Bag of the Month - Done 2 so far, the Minifacto and the Starlet Clutch, I think I need to do at least 2 more before the end of the year
- custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map (?)
- Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern?
- Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
- Ruched Shirt
- 2 more Sydney purses
- Baby mermaid gown - Need to find the fabric...it's in a packed box...still haven't found it...
Fast finishes (hopefully)
- Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
- Buttons on cowls
- Several random crochet hats that need ends woven in/buttons attached
- Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive fixed one, need to get more screws because they are disappearing...
- Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!
Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:
- Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
- Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
- Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
- Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled
- Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
- Sea turtle crochet lovey
- Crochet Worgen
- Alice in Wonderland Bonnie
- Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
- Crochet Giraffe photographer
Want to make - list:
- Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
- Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
- Cork purse (I have a stash I'm afraid to cut, but it's so pretty!)
- Shirts for myself using the custom knit (Harry Potter Ugly sweater fabric)
- Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
- Purses with the custom knits (need to research the best way to stabilize)
- Embroidered kitchen towels
- Peeker hooded towels
- Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
- zip around crayon rolls