Friday, September 5, 2014

Relatively Fast Crochet - Cowls and Tutus

I am always looking for crochet patterns that are cute, easy to do, and fast.  I'm not the world's slowest hooker, but I'm definitely not the fastest either!  Last winter I started making the Ava cowls, which use bulky yarn to work up fast and are also super soft and cuddly.  I was able to finish them in just a few trips in the car on the way home from work.  (I like to pretend I'm being productive so I hate to just sit in a car without my hands doing something.)
(A lovely grey with matching button)


(Just a few more)

(This was done with fuzzy yarn, causing me to hate my life, but it's like wearing a cloud!)
 
Cowls are great for winter craft shows, but in the summer most people aren't thinking about the impending cold.  With that in mind, I started looking for something else I could work on during my commute.  These tutus caught my eye - cute, fast, and multiple sizes!  I used Hobby Lobby's "I love this yarn" in acrylic because they have great colors, are good for washing, and are much softer than the other brands.

(With sparkly silver tulle!)


My first one was claimed right away!

After that I decided to try a super bulky yarn that I had leftover from the cowls.  I think it ended up looking like something an ice princess would wear!  ;)  Add a little sparkly tulle to give it more of an ice look, and a snowflake, and it was complete!  Of course I didn't remember to take a picture of that one, but I think I might try again, as it was much faster!

(My 2nd attempt with chunky yarn - newborn sized)


My biggest problem now is deciding which sizes to make and resisting the urge to buy yarn and tulle every time I go out because "It would look adorable as a tutu!"  The pattern only goes to a 4T, but anything bigger would take me considerably longer, defeating the nearly instant gratification aspect.  Although if my youngest really wants one, I will probably have to make a 5T sized one...eventually.  I hope to have some of these up in the etsy store soon, if any of them survive the craft fairs!

(Sparkly white tulle)

(Teal and sparkly gold)

(Baby Pink yarn and white tulle, very fluffy and soft looking!)

(With slightly off center fairy wings, still cute!)



2 comments:

  1. That's so super cute! I've been looking for something that is not your typical hood/scarf to make to sell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love finding new patterns, especially when they work up fast and look cute!

      Delete

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!