Wednesday, July 20, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Time To Get Back In The Groove!


All the pressing stuff got finished in time, so it's time to get back to sewing and using up my stash of fabric!  I'm looking forward to giving the new sewing machine a real test and coming up with a name for it...something solid and dependable sounding.

Since last week and weekend was focused on the birthday party, I didn't get a chance to work on much of anything, besides a few more embroidery things and LOTS of cleaning.  This week I've already jumped back on the Wisteria wallet, but haven't gotten very far because I also have to set up the sewing area again.  I'm trying out a new setup, but I am not sure it's going to work any better than the last one.  I'm also trying to organize my supplies as I set them back up...I have a lot of random supplies...good thing I bought a new cart at Ikea!  (that I still need to put together...)
Random pics - Some new clippies heading to the Etsy shop soon!


They make great bookmarks!
I'm finding it a little hard to go back down to a purely mechanical machine after a fancy-schmanzy computerized awesome one, but I think this one is going to work out once I get used to it.  It seems faster than the old one, and slightly more powerful, but that could be due to Stormy's timing being off for longer than I realized...  And after using the new one and seeing it suck the fabric in, I finally understand how people sew through their fingers!

Here's to hoping I can finally get caught up on all my half finished projects!

WIP: (Stuff sitting out on my work area and taking up space)

 

Sewing: 

Wisteria Wallets - first one is about halfway done! Just have 2 more ready to go after that!

March BOM - Pirate BunnyBeard just needs his strap! - Forgot to attach his strap and missed the deadline, but he will be going up on etsy once I finish him!

Random stash challenge - one kiss clutch 95% done! - Bottom needs sewn shut by hand, and done!  Abby's Alley is next, but I need to remember where I 'put away' the fabric while I was cleaning...

Embroidered pillow covers - need to cut a back piece after I figure out if I'm doing a zipper or envelope closure...I'm thinking of using my invisible zippers and doing another one from the same set of patterns...so far the fish is in the lead for what will be stitched next.  Still procrastinating because I don't want to have to lint roll the entire sewing area after I cut my next piece.  Not even exaggerating.

Sedimental Quilt- all quilted, just needs squared up and binding - 2 sides are cut, need to do 2 more, when I have my cutting area cleaned off - I've been using it on the couch in the meantime because it's the perfect spring weight! Moving this up to the current list to get it finished so I can wash it!

May Bag of the Month- Swoon Brooklyn - I think I'm going with a Doctor Who random toss fabric that glows in the dark and blue glitter vinyl.

Brandt's Boulevard in sugar skulls, another one in "Girly" fabric for a later date

Crayon rolls - keep sewing my cut ones, I have so much awesome fabric for these!

Crochet:

Started a Giraffe photographer, because I'm procrastinating on putting together the turtle.

Sea turtle lovey - Shell needs attached to body and then put together with the blanket!

Mermaid lovey - Sea blanket is done, head is done (no hair), started on tail. Giant head is kind of freaking me out, so I need to finish her!  - June goal is to finish her up!

Embroidery:  

Keep cutting out my backlog of bows and keychain.  I didn't cut out everything in my stash, so I need to keep working on them!
Stitch out more couch pillows (and finish them) - I'd like to get the pillow forms out of my craft area and onto the couches!
More patches!

NIL (Next in Line-Things I plan on and want to do, but haven't gotten around to yet...)

Boronia Bowler - I really love the shape and wide open top featured on this purse, it would look amazing in just about any of my fabrics!!
Lotus Purse
Finish the Owl Epiphany purse
Crayon Rolls - These never end
Rosie Tsum Tsum purse
Tulip pouches (from this free pattern!!)
January Bag of the Month (Backgammon Bag) - Either in some Effervescence fabric or maybe the Zelda stained glass fabric
Quilted pillow covers - Sasquatch fabric is ready to go, just need some spare time!


UFO (Unfinished Objects that are already started but I have no set time to work on and don't want to forget about them forever!)

Cowls - just need buttons and ends woven in.  Giving up on the one a month plan until it gets closer to craft season.
Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish, already have someone that wants it!
Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
Dragon Lovey - I have pieces and the blanket done
Serendipity Hip in MLP fabric with vinyl bottom

I don't know why I like this picture, maybe it's the colors?  That's what glitter vinyl looks like in extreme close up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!