Thursday, September 30, 2021

Heroes H2O to Go Sling and Book Sleeve (Moon Beam Textiles)

 I'm not sure if you noticed, but EVERYTHING is moving slower through the mail lately, including the awesome fabric from Moon Beam Textiles. I had to rush to make some examples and even with that, STILL barely made it by the end of the round! It closes today (unless we can beg for an extension!) so RUN to get your order in! 

H2O and Book Sleeve, perfect for on-the-go!

I made this awesome H2O to Go sling bag from Linds Handmade with the big kid sized Captain panel, and it just *barely* fit! I lost a bit of a fist, but I was able to keep the best parts!

"I can do this all day"

The Avenging blue fabric has so many good images, plus they are big and small versions in the same fabric, so with some creative cutting, you can feature any of them! I only had a little bit of this fabric to work with, so I just let the pattern decide who ended up on the outside of this sling.  I even remembered to add in my new tags! 

Went for the bigger tag, on a small project LOL

The Gradient Stripes are saturated colors, perfect for coordinating with the toss or even on their own! I prefer to make the sling without the card slots, it's got enough room for a little zip wallet or pocket pal in there, and the pockets are great for keeping your phone secure or a little notepad. Nightmare zipper tape is my goto for any project that needs just a little extra bling, and it matches the rainbow hardware from Wizardry, Stitchery and Crafts perfectly! The "A" zipper pull came from Zor-Elle and they have a bunch of awesome super hero styles!

Two slip pockets, twice the fun!


Rainbow A, really shows the details of the zipper pull!
This was my first time doing the book sleeve pattern from Sewn Ideas, but it was super fast and fun! I made the larger one, and it could hold most tablets, I bet! 
The stripes really set off the main fabric without being boring!

The back is the blue version of the toss fabric

The black sparkly zipper is from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, from their first mystery pack that was space themed. I paired it with a gunmetal pull and it looks great!

Sparkles seem pretty heroic to me.

The main compartment of the book sleeve closes with a tab that snaps. There is also an angled zipper pocket, plus a slip pocket behind that zipper pocket. So many pockets for such a little thing!

Slip pocket

Opened up zipper pocket

Smaller version fit perfect on the tab!

I can't wait to make more of these -- both were fast and fun projects, and I definitely need to stock up on the Heroes round at Moon Beam Textiles!

Take a moment and appreciate my 'after midnight' pattern matching! I only cut off 3 Avengers' heads...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!