Sunday, February 12, 2023

Viva Magenta Kiss Clutch (Colour Challenge - ChrisW Designs)

I never seem to have a chance to enter into sewing challenges/competitions, sometimes because I'm being tasked to judge the entries, and more commonly, because I never have spare time. For a change, I had spare time (but I'm judging) so I decided to whip up a quick clutch with some random magenta fabric I found in my stash!

This is such a cheerful fabric!

Back of the clutch
It has been quite a while since I made a Kiss Clutch from ChrisW designs, and I forgot just how cute they end up! I used to have a bunch of fancy circle bling for the flap accent, but I wanted to go rainbow for this one and my buckle D ring from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts was a neat accent!

The Buckle D rings are my favorite!

This is a pretty simple pattern, only one little slip pocket inside and the fun accent piece outside, so instead of trying to come up with interesting stuff to stay, I'm just going to overload you with pictures!

Gold magnet, I meant to go for all gold, but somehow I didn't have any other hardware in gold...

Pocket has my tag, had to sneak it in somewhere

Another angle

The challenge was to use a majority of the color of the year in your fabric, which is Viva Magenta. Oddly enough, I don't seem to have a bunch of magneta fabric, but I was able to find this Ruby Star Society fabric in my stash that worked PERFECTLY! The other part of the challenge is to pick from a list of patterns and then make it! I went for the fast/easy option, but there were a bunch of other patterns to choose from and different skill levels. Even better, if you join the challenge in the ChrisW Designs group, you can win prizes! The competition ends tomorrow, so make sure you entered your projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!