Saturday, May 4, 2024

May the Fourth - Rebel Floral Free N' Easy Wallet - ChrisW designs

I wanted a quick Star Wars blog post for today, so I dug around for something to share! This was a  Free N' Easy wallet from ChrisW Designs that I whipped together the night before leaving on a business trip last year, so the pictures are not my best. The vinyl is really gorgeous, a lavender with floral Rebel symbols from Knitorious. I could go take some better pics, but my business cards left some ink on the pockets, so it's not as pretty inside as it was. (I didn't even know they could do that!) An R2-D2 inspired snap was the perfect closure for this wallet.

I meant to do the x sewing at the top. Totally didn't do it to disguise my crooked late night sewing.
The pattern is only on YouTube, but it's totally free and there's svg and text pattern pieces to download, plus it's SUPER fast and easy! I was able to get the images in (mostly) the right direction by making sure the flap would be the right side up. The back one is technically upside down, but it's the back of the wallet, so it doesn't bother me!

I don't even know how I got that one almost centered...

I didn't have time to clear space and play with my scan n cut, so I just cut everything by hand. I think it might have matched slightly better if I used the machine to cut, but it's fine!  The wallet has 2 deep pockets, and 3 card pockets, which are really snug. I kept cash and change in the deep ones, plus receipts, and my ID and cards in the short ones. Surprisingly well stocked with pockets for such a little wallet!

Directional fabric worked out for the front pocket too! I was really only focusing on the flap.

I guess it's time to stop procrastinating and go cut out my next Star Wars project, a Yoda doll from Heidi and Finn...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!