Monday, March 14, 2016

Snape (Harry Potter) Always Wallet - Another Pick A Pocket

This is turning out to be one of my most popular wallet patterns to make, but this is the one that caused me so much grief...  It's finally on the way to the customer, so glad to finally finish it!!




Can almost tell...the snap is a golden snitch!
The Pick A Pocket was made to match the Rosie Concealed Carry purse, with some of the leftover fabric.  I have a request to turn the final scraps into a Necessary Clutch Wallet, but no rush on that one...which means I should just get it done or it will be on the list forever!

Went with the brass handmade tag to match the snap.  I love these tags from Emmaline Bags!
Lots of pockets and slots in this wallet!
I had "issues" with the final topstitching, but after ripping it ALL out and trying again, it finally got to the point where it was acceptable.  I still wasn't 100% happy with it, but I was more worried about the fabric at that point because poking that many holes in it is not good!  I think in the future I'm going to try to steer customers away from mainly black Spoonflower fabric because it's only printed on top and the bottom is white, so any time you rip the stitches, the white has a chance to show up.  Also, it's not a true black and it makes the fabric feel very stiff because they put it on so thick to try to make it darker.  At least that's been my experience with the Kona Cottona prints.
I'm getting much better at not melting my ID pockets!  Finally!
 Inside purple has shiny silver dots - fabric I found at Joann's.  And the inside Harry Potter Fabric was also from Joann's.  Good luck finding it though, I bought the entire bolt at mine and they still haven't restocked!

4 comments:

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!