Thursday, March 17, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Feeding the Stash Monster

I admit, I'm addicted to fabric.  It's so pretty, with all the colors and patterns, and then the textures - soft, satiny, rough, cuddly...  I figure it's better than being addicted to a controlled substance!  And since I spend my money on fabric, I'll never have money for drugs anyway.  ;)  I am trying to at least start cutting into and using my pretty fabrics, instead of just putting them into stacks everywhere around my sewing area... but they are coming out with awesome new stuff faster than I can sew it up!
This pretty princess sketch is new at Joann's.  I think it needs to be a purse or 2!



Now they have Shopkins fabric!  My kids aren't into it, but the last birthday party we went to the girls seemed to love it!
I really have been cutting into my stash... I finally started my Window Shopper (February bag of the month pattern) in some of the Lecien Cinderella and Tula Pink.  This one is probably going up on Etsy when I finish, even though the fabric is really cool.  I might need to do another one with Alice in Wonderland fabric, which may end up staying with me...
Sorry if you have seen this fabric everywhere lately...I'm in a love/hate relationship with it.  Mostly love, but then I start thinking it's too crazy...
I also found a use for my fleece stash...of course I don't have the 'right' colors for everything, and they don't use a ton since they are small, but I could make quite a few of these stuffies for craft shows if I just pull out my stash!  They probably won't go on Etsy, due to possible name issues, but maybe on Facebook!
Who's a pretty Hulk??
And here's a few other stitch outs from the embroidery machine...a Shopkins headband and a My Little Pony necklace.  I think I'll put it on gold ribbon, but the only tiny ribbon I have is kind of scratchy...
This one nearly killed me...at least my machine hated it...

Elements of Harmony necklace, with my new pretty light pink glitter vinyl!

WIP: (Actual deadlines -- sitting out on my work area and taking up space)

Sewing: 

DONE! Dakota Ipad case out of girly fabric by Saturday at noon.  (Anyone want to take bets on how close to noon I'll still be sewing?)  I think I finished it at least 10 minutes before we needed to leave!

DONE and Shipped! -Harry Potter Pick a Pocket wallet to match the concealed carry Rosie - cut out, started, need to recut the tab and finish up - This weekend!

Flannel Eater blanket - I will finish this in March!

February Bag of the Month Window Shopper - Cutting out and fusing, hoping to sew this weekend!

Crochet:

Teddy Bear lovey for a baby shower this weekend!  Blanket is 90% finished, bear is about 50% finished...better speed that up!

Mermaid lovey - Sea blanket is done, head is done (no hair), started on tail.  Only 5 more months and she'll be done (I'm making progress...)

NIL (Next in Line-Things I plan on and want to do, but haven't gotten around to yet...)

Brandt's Boulevard in skulls (x2 - different fabrics)
Finish the Owl Epiphany purse
Crayon Rolls
Rosie Tsum Tsum purse
Tulip pouches (from this free pattern!!)
January Bag of the Month (Backgammon Bag) - Either in some Effervescence fabric or maybe the Zelda stained glass fabric

March Bag of the Month - this one is begging for some awesome embroidery!
Princess Lovey - she just needs hair and her head attached!
Embroidered pillow covers
Quilted pillow covers - Sasquatch fabric is ready to go, just need some spare time!

UFO (Unfinished Objects that are already started but I have no set time to work on and don't want to forget about them forever!)

Sedimental Quilt- all quilted, just needs squared up and binding
Cowls - just need buttons and ends woven in.  Giving up on the one a month plan until it gets closer to craft season.
Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish, already have someone that wants it!
Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
Dragon Lovey - I have pieces and the blanket done


And in other news, I finally finished the last round of edits for my book!  Now it's going off to the readers again for a final review and then I'll start sending it off to publishers.  Once I get all the rejection letters, I'll probably try self publishing on Amazon...but no idea how long that will take!  Time to start cultivating publishing contacts... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!