Tuesday, September 13, 2016

I am a Springs Creative Ambassador!

Somehow I was lucky enough to be selected as a Fabric Ambassador for Springs Creative Brand and I'm still pinching myself!  Being a fabric ambassador means that I get to play with pretty fabric and create whatever I want with it!  There are a few of us around the country, and we all have different skills and favorite projects, so it's very exciting to see what everyone decided to make!  For the first project, were giving the choice of different lines from the Mary Fons Small Wonders line, and I chose the Japanese line.  The colors are so rich and the patterns are beautiful!
Love the vibrant colors!!
My finished projects!
To get over my fear of totally screwing up, I decided to first cut a few small pieces and make a decorative fan on my embroidery machine.  I almost picked the fan fabric, but a fan made of fans seemed a bit too much.  ;)  I love the little pops of color from the people on this fabric!  This one is called "Let's Take a Stroll."
The edging is black glitter vinyl, super sparkly in person!
My main project was obviously going to be a purse, but deciding which one was really hard!  I could see these fabrics on almost all the styles of purses I have made, but I only had limited time to finish, so I had to pick a relatively quick one.  The Freesia Fold Over by Blue Calla fit the bill and it will definitely be made again!  The Kimono Stripe fabric was perfect for the fold over feature since it is a up/down toss fabric.

My final project was another quick one, the Tulip Pouch by CloBird.  The free pattern is a fast project, and even the zipper isn't that hard to do with a little practice and guidance from YouTube!  I just love how bold the fans are, and the coordinating light pink Mini Umbrella fabric sets them off without competing.
It makes a great makeup bag to go inside the purse!

Check out what the other Ambassadors have done with their fabric!  (I'll be updating as they are shared!)

Here's the direct link to the Springs Creative Blog post about each Ambassador!

Linda at Wicked Fun Sewing did a quilt and pillow with the Germany line!


What would you do with this fun fabric?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

2 comments:

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!