Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Jurassic Lilac Mini Messenger Bag (Blue Calla)

Sometimes you find a fabric that is just too adorable! This fun Jurassic Park inspired fabric from Ohana Fabrics is one that I totally fell in love with. 

Can't go wrong with dinosaurs!

More under the flap!
The first time I used this fabric, I made it into a GIANT diaper bag, but this time the request was for a smaller bag. I used the Lilac Mini Messenger bag from Blue Calla, and I did increase the width slightly (3") to fit a tablet. 
Back of the messenger bag
Somehow I had no matching custom zipper tape, so I had to dig out a normal green zipper from the stash. Not as fun as custom, but it did match nicely!

Back zipper pocket
I love the Uncorked fabric, it gives a fancy look, but is so much cheaper than real cork and you don't have to worry about the quality! It's a perfect lining, but it could be used for the outside even!

Inside has a slip pocket
Otherwise, it's pretty simple, just some padding and lots of space!

Amazingly, I had some brass/antique gold hardware in my collection that worked great for this bag. I don't usually stock up on colors other than silver or rainbow because the golds can vary so much between manufacturers.

I honestly don't remember buying brass rings...
I vaguely remember getting some brass sliders...
I used the rivet style magnets from Kamsnaps.com, which I really love because I add them after the bag is finished and I can make sure they line up really well!

The rivet shows up on the outside of the flap

I have to say Dr. Ian Malcom was one of my favorite characters, and not just because he's a Mathematician like me...

He made Chaos cool!

I need to make more fun messengers like these!

One last pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!