Friday, January 15, 2021

Jurassic Teddy Mommy & Me Backpack (RLR Creations)

I usually avoid making full sized backpacks, mainly because I remember how much I always shoved in my school bags and I don't know if I can make anything that will stand up to that kind of abuse (and the bought ones would bust eventually anyway), but this cute backpack suckered me in!

Wrangling kids or dinosaurs, it's about the same amount of biting and poo cleaning...

Back side zip pocket, nice and roomy and secure when worn

There are a LOT of features the to Teddy Mommy & Me Backpack from RLR. SO MANY pockets! and some of the pockets have organizers inside them! The front pocket is a bottle pocket, and even has insulation!

The side pockets are roomy and gathered for a little extra security

Gathered pockets inside to hold bottles upright

This is the first time I've used a frame in a bag, and it's pretty cool! Kind of a hassle to install, but neat how it keeps the bag totally open.  

All closed up

open a little

BAM! open all the way
 

It does this folded side thing by itself

The amazing Jurassic Park fabric is from Ohana fabric. I stocked up on it as much as I could, after all doesn't EVERYONE need fabric with Jeff Goldblum?? The lining was a fun batik I found at Joann's.

Life, uh, finds a way...

The many, many zipper pockets gave me a chance to use some of the giant zipper pulls and coffee cups from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts. When I got the gigantic pulls originally, I had no idea what they would be used for, but they are so perfect for 'easy to grab' and bigger bags! No fumbling to grab onto these!

Coffee...staple of many parents.

Yep, that's a gigantic zipper pull

I really love how the backpack straps are padded -- I can see that this bag could get pretty heavy pretty fast! It can hold everything except the baby...which I remember carrying anything I could possibly ever need around with me when my minions were portable sized.

Padded for your comfort

I happened to have the Atlas rucksack around when I was taking the pics, both are pretty big bags, but the Teddy has about 300% more pockets and organization!

Two very different backpack styles
One last pic, I really should make myself something with this fabric...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!