Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Galaxy Dragon Sling (XOXO by Lauren) - Moon Beam Textiles

The newest preorder from Moon Beam Textiles is literally 'Out of this world'! I got to play with some of the gorgeous Solar System and the Zodiac constellations in the quilting cotton version.

The purple vinyl shimmers like stars, I promise!
I did a thing! My fussy cutting actually worked out for once!
I love how fast and unique the Dragon Sling from XOXO by Lauren is, and there is no binding or open turning hole to finish when it's all done! There is a zipper pocket in the front, a magnetic closed back pocket, and a big roomy inside pocket. 

The roomy back slip pocket

My favorite connectors are the buckle D rings!
The recent mystery box from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts had some PERFECT zipper pulls! I also used the gorgeous black and purple zipper tape, which coordinated nicely with the purple stardust vinyl from My Punkbroidery! I really tried, but getting a good picture of the vinyl is super tricky since it shimmers...it's not true glitter, but so sparkly!

Saturn zipper pull
The moon pull is spectacular!
For some reason, my sewing machine decided that it wasn't going to sew on the top connector, might have been something about going through 4 layers of vinyl, glue, and about 10-18 layers of fabric, interfacing and fleece... but it did chew a nice line of needle holes in the vinyl. Late night sewing is not my best decision time, so instead of taking a break and trying to figure out what I needed to change on my sewing machine, I went at the backpack with my hole punch and rivets...also, late night is not a great time to punch holes for rivets and they ended up a little 'artistically placed' (that sounds better than crooked). 

Pay no attention to the crazy rivets, that's uh...planetary rotation messing with it.

I have a little extra of this fabric left from the purse, but I can't decide what it needs to become! The colors are so gorgeous that I don't want to waste it!  Maybe a fun matching mask or cute little clutch? Just have to wait for some free time and inspiration to strike!  Don't forget to grab your own fabric from Moon Beam Textiles before the end of the month!

Space, the final frontier...

One last crooked rivet shot

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!