Thursday, January 21, 2021

All the Characters Footloose Tote (ChrisW Designs) - Pattern Testing

I can finally share this awesome Footloose tote bag!  This is part of a new line, the "Minimize to Maximize" set from ChrisW Designs, and is intended to be fast and efficient patterns great for quick sews and craft shows!

So many fun characters!

Back is perfect for showing off a fun fabric!
The epic fabric is PixiSketch from Backstitch, and the colors are so vibrant! I paired it with a grunge style dark blue to make them stand out even more.

I prefer to use the solid colors for straps, hides dirt and gives a nice contrast

Rainbow hardware goes perfect with the bright colors!

The Footloose uses minimal hardware, but you can always add more! I used some gorgeous rainbow connectors and clips, plus matching nightmare zipper tape and ball zipper pull from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts.  

I love this shot, totally accidental perfect placement!

Pop top connector from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts
If you love videos to guide you through the construction, this is a great one! The pattern is a minimal pdf, meaning it has the basic instructions and pattern pieces, but the video walks you through everything like you have an instructor sitting beside you! I usually prefer straight paper patterns, but I gave this one a go. I watched it through once to get the main ideas and then rewatched while I was making mine.  I found myself racing Christine to see if I could get through the step before she did LOL! 

Peering down inside the bag
Inside the Footloose are 2 fancy slip pockets, and a nice sized zipper pocket.

Tried to get a pic of the pockets, but my flash washed it out a bit

I went with a bright yellow pop of color zipper

The best part about the Footloose is that you can dress it up so easily! Add rivets, embroidery, extra pockets, maybe an epic panel? How about a magnet closure on the top? I have so many fabrics that would look amazing with this pattern...just need to find some spare time!

One last pic because I can.

This tote is looking for a good home, and is available now on Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!