Monday, April 26, 2021

The Experiment Summit Sling Bag - Moon Beam Textiles(Cloudsplitter)

I have a soft spot for Stitch, it was one of the first movies my oldest was obsessed with! It's also been long enough that I don't twitch whenever I see it; I just get nostalgic for my 'baby' (she's in college now).  Also, Stitch is pretty awesome.  The latest fabric round from Moon Beam Textiles is a fun take on Experiment 626, with cute fabrics and epic panels!

I was super tempted to keep this for myself!
I love the details on these fabrics!

All opened up


I was lucky enough to get a little bit of every fabric, plus the Stitch Face kid sized panel! I went epic with this strike, usually I try to go for a several items, and use patterns that are simple and fast.  The Summit Sling from Cloudsplitter is a great pattern, but you really have to pay attention to which way to cut the pieces since it's a bit of a jigsaw! The good news is that it comes together really nice, so as long as you have your labels and don't get confused on lining versus exterior!  

A little more of the Good or Bad print
The panel is on an amazing background, I'm still begging for it to be a fabric run by itself, the crumpled paper print is so fun!  I used the extra end from the panel to make the inside pocket, and I'm not going to lie, kind of sad it's hidden inside! I mixed fabrics, the panel is in cotton spandex and the other fabrics are quilting cotton. 
I feel like this describes me some days...

Getting a picture of an inside pocket is rather tricky...

I love the stripe coordinate, which is also on the same crumpled paper background. It would be so fun as a main fabric for a purse, but it's great as an accent too!

The stripes are not perfectly straight, which means I can pretend I meant to have them crooked.

See, it's totally intentional!

The profile is nice and slim, but you could probably shove a lot into this bag
I used steampunk alien matte rainbow zipper pulls from Level Up hardware for an extra dash of Stitch. Matte rainbow is one of my new favorite finishes. The matte shows off the details without losing the pretty rainbow colors! A lot of the new zipper pulls are getting pretty detailed, but they don't show up unless you pick just the right finish.
Good level is pretty high

When I can't find my buckle D rings, I default to the triangle connectors. Also pretty awesome!

I like to give the option of wearing it on either side, so there are 2 connectors. 
There are a lot of pockets on the Summit Sling bag, besides the 2 main compartments, there is another zipper pocket on the back, plus a slip pocket and zipper pocket inside! The pattern also has card slots that can be put in the front pocket, but I needed to save a little time so I left them off.
I skipped the custom zipper for the back, in case the zipper pull poked into the back of the wearer.

Front pocket is just roomy enough for stuff you need to grab quickly

There's an inside zipper pocket, in the main section!

The Moon Beam preorder closes on Friday, so make sure to grab your favorites asap! 
One more pretty pic just because I love this bag!

I squeezed a cute wallet out of the scraps, look for that blog post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!