Friday, June 30, 2023

Magical Teddy Mommy and Me Backpack/Diaper Bag (RLR Creations

The first time I made the Teddy Mommy and Me Backpack from RLR Creations, the number of pieces made me realize I wasn't charging enough. Then I raised the price and someone was still willing to order one, which blew my mind! It IS an amazing bag, but the amount of work that goes into it is kind of daunting. 

I broke out my fancy wand for these pics!
The side slip pocket is not quite deep enough for a wand...
Most purses I make really only take me about a week's worth of evenings to finish, and that's with interruptions and breaks. This one is more like a 3 week project...but totally worth it in the end! I used a fun mini print from Knitorious Fabric, with a licensed fabric for the lining, and threw in some blue grunge fabric accents because I didn't have quite enough of the main fabric to do it ALL (plus I think it looks nicer with accents).
Top front pocket

Padded backpack straps are a MUST for as heavy as this bag will get!

Inside, with a zipper pocket and bottle/elastic pockets
The features on this bag are amazing. Padded backpack straps, insulated bottle pocket, elastic pockets to hold said bottles, organization and more pockets, a wide open top, and so much room!

Back zipper pocket

Bottle pocket, has insulation and holds the bottles upright
This bag has a LOT of zippers, so I was able to feature a bunch of different ones. Most of them came from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, along with the matching zipper tape and hardware. The crest came from Level Up Designs, another fun hardware spot!
Sorting hat and lightning bolt
Hogwarts snow globe

On the back is a sweater zipper, one side has "R", other side has "H"

The "antique" finish really shows off the fun details in the zipper pulls

The metal purse frame is integral to make this bag have awesome structure and it makes it easy to search inside since it's pretty deep. The only drawback to the frame is that you can't really just partially open the zipper and stick in something easily. It's pretty much all open or nothing! At least there are a ton of pockets on the outside, so it's easy to stick small things in there.

Open, and it stays open.

I think this could be a pretty handy carry-on sized bag, or great for a quick trip! Leaving off the insulation (or keep it and store drinks/snacks), and maybe changing the size of the elastic pocket divisions would make it less "Baby" style and more "Awesome" style!

In my big office chair, it's not a small bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!