Friday, June 23, 2023

Pirates Quick No Zip - Pattern Testing (ChrisW Designs)

The newest release from ChrisW designs is this adorable little purse, the Quick No Zip! As you might guess from the name, there are no zippers involved in making this bag!

Finally an excuse to take a picture of my Lego ship in a bottle!

A super fun little bag!
Even without zippers, this little purse has a surprising amount of features. There are options to make the flap either with a magnet or a push lock, but I chose magnet for mine. On the back is a roomy phone pocket that fits most phones (even the giant ones!). 
Back pocket, fits probably any phone, not quite a tablet tho

With an old phone in it

Also holds extra skulls...

Under the flap is another hidden pocket, called the key pocket, but you could put anything in there. 

cute little pocket

but surprisingly roomy!

There's even a card pocket inside, perfect for keeping a few cards handy!
Great for a card you need to use often!

Actually deep enough that you won't worry about stuff falling out

I used a fun bag making panel set from EdenElle Fabrics for this one. The set is a little bigger than a fat quarter (maybe a custom fabric fat quater?) and has 1/4 as a small panel and 3/4 as the main print. They are approximately the size of 2 mask panels, and perfect for small projects! I was able to cut both sides of the flap, the main part (front and back), and the card pocket from one panel, and had a tiny bit left over.

Manuella is modeling it for me

Tried a flat shot

also a 'looking down' shot

The hardware on this one is minimal, 3/4" connectors and a slide, plus the magnet. It wouldn't be hard to modify for a bigger strap if you didn't have the right size hardware, but the 3/4" is actually a good size for this bag! I used my favorite buckle D-rings from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, and intended to use some 3/4" seatbelt webbing, but I'm not sure where it is hiding in the craft studio...probably a sign I need to organize and clean.

Had to get the ship in again!


For an idea of size on a (small) person

This purse would be perfect with a bunch of my mini prints, so I need to make more! Don't forget to grab your own pattern here, and there is even a youtube video to walk you through making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!