Thursday, July 27, 2023

Alice H2O To Go Sling (Lind's Handmade)

I try to do a fun/selfish sewing project for my birthday week...and in 2021 (yes, I'm THAT far behind on sharing, eek!) I made a super cute H20 to Go Sling with some of my fabric collection! I have always liked Alice in Wonderland, and this classic print fabric was too fun! 


All my favorite colors and the truest quote for my house.
I decided to keep this one for myself, so I took it to the State Fair and it ended up with a bunch of powdered sugar inside...gotta have the funnel cake!  The bag does hold 2 regular sized water bottles, so that was nice. 

With one of my giant water bottles inside, only holds one of those

My shimmery aqua zipper tape with the iridescent teeth from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts was a magical accent, along with the pretty rainbow hardware! The Drink Me bottle came from another group...which might have closed already, I can't remember!

Can't see it great, but the zipper teeth are shimmery too!

Buckle D rings and rainbow clips are awesome!
I prefer just making it with slip pockets inside, faster and I always use a small wallet with it. The pen slot is pretty handy tho, and my phone could fit inside if I didn't want to carry it in my back pocket.

The slip pockets, with pen pocket

It holds the shape a little better with a water bottle inside.
I'm not 100% sure where I got this fabric from, since a few groups ran the same style of Alice pretty close together, but this one was a Rappaport, and I was able to get ALL the exterior and strap pieces from it! 

The strap is all the best colors!

I really need to make up a bunch more of these to sell, they are so fun and quick! I stocked up on the waterproof canvas for the lining, so I have a bunch of different colors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!