Friday, July 21, 2023

Jackalope Fiona Foldover Bag - Snow Willow Designs Fabric (Lind's Handmade)

 My final project for the Cryptid Research Notes fabric round was this fun Fiona Foldover purse from Lind's Handmade Designs.  I've seen this purse now in several different fabrics and materials, and it turned out great with this fabric too!

Everyone needs a Jackalope purse!

A plain back that is begging for a pocket...but I was trying to go for a fast finish. Next time!
The best part (IMO) is that the pattern has a cutout window that lets your see what will be featured on the flap when the purse is closed, GENIUS!  I was able to easily get this Jackalope front and center, and I think he's (she?) looking pretty great! The flap is also a zipper pocket, which is pretty fun.
In a chair...

The flap pocket

I love the blank research notes print, it keeps the bag from being overwhelmed with Jackalopes (not something I was ever worried about before...) and still keeps the same vibe going. I originally cut out the notes for the inside, but I was able to swap my pieces around and have both styles on the inside and outside.
The jackalope and blank notes together

I'm actually pretty proud of this zipper overlay! It only took me 2 tries to get one that was even and sewn nicely!  I used a dark brown vinyl from My Punkbroidery to tie into the shades of the fabric and also give it a sort of 'old notebook' vibe.

This is a pretty room bag!

That zipper overlay really deserves to be on the outside!

The gunmetal teardrop zipper pulls from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, plus the gunmetal zippers kept it on the darker side, and the coordinating strap hardware looks pretty nice too!

I didn't have any 'cryptid specific' zipper pulls for some reason...must add more to my stash!

I LOVE the triangle connectors, they don't flip around like regular D rings or rectangles!

The preorder for this amazing fabric from Snow Willow Designs ends on July 24th at midnight central time, so don't wait to get your order in!

A pair of Jacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!