Friday, October 27, 2023

Rescue Rangers Helena Hobo Bag (RLR Creations) - Pattern Testing

Have you ever seen a pattern and thought "that's nice" but it didn't jump out and grab you? When I first saw this one, I thought it was cute but not really MY style. I'm so glad I didn't pass on testing the pattern because after I made it in a fun fabric, I realized it's actually pretty awesome!  Even my teenager said she might want one (in a different fabric, but STILL!). The Helena Hobo from RLR Creations is a bag that will be a great addition to my lineup!

This bag is really hard to capture in pics, the details just don't show up as nice as they do in person!

Modeled by Manuela
I let my group vote on the fabric options for this bag, and they picked the Rescue Rangers with the brown glitter. To be honest, that was the option I just threw in because I saw the fabric next to another one I really liked...but I'm glad I went with their vote because it turned out so much better than I imagined! This was definitely a bag that grew on me as I made it.

oops, this has the fabric upside down, but it's still cute fabric!
The fabric is a buttery soft cotton woven from Hapa Fabrics and the brown glitter vinyl is from My Punkbroidery. I found a great lining fabric in my stash, from Joann's. It matches the nose perfectly, and has a bit of shimmery gold in it too!

Inside zipper pocket

Inside slip pocket


Back, with zipper pocket and the vinyl accents
Strangely enough, I didn't have any 'chipmunk' zipper pulls in my collection (must remedy that!), but I vaguely remember there was a dragonfly or lightning bug in the show, and I feel like they made things out of 'human' pieces, so the button zipper pull was my best option. I haven't watched the Rescue Rangers since I was a kid, so I could be wrong...but I'm going to assume I have great cartoon-related memory. 

Zipper zoom

The gathering detail of the front of the purse adds in an extra fancy-ness, but it wasn't that hard to do at all! (as long as you aren't trying to do it at midnight...) With a zipper pocket on the outside and inside, and slip pockets inside, it's a surprisingly big bag that would hold a good amount of things!

It's just so fun!

Be sure to grab your copy of this fun pattern, or contact me to have one custom made for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!