Monday, June 3, 2024

Pride Plaid Samaren Shoulder Bag (Snow Willow Designs Fabric, Lavender & Twine)

The newest fabric round from Snow Willow Designs is a GORGEOUS Pride plaid! The colors are drawn from the various pride flags, but even if you aren't familiar with them, they are just amazing color combos and make a very pretty fabric. I honestly love the colors on so many of them! Even better, Snow Willow Designs is a LGBTQIA+ owned company, and 10% of sales will be donated in equal amounts to The Trevor Project, PFLAG, and The National Center for Transgender Equality. 

One of the fanciest bags I've made!

Fabric this pretty needed a fancy purse pattern to go with it! The Samaren Shoulder Bag from Lavender & Twine fit the bill perfectly!


On my small adult mannequin, pretty good sized!

I really should have watched the video before I started, a few of the steps confused my brain (and possibly the lack of sleep + allergies didn't help), but when it came together, it was amazing!  The bag is designed for vinyl, but there are instructions included for fabric too. 

The back, with zipper pocket

Trying to show off the 'fancy' dimensional features

Both ends of the zipper have a rainbow metal stop
I used a pretty Lavish purple mauve vinyl from Backstitch Fabrics to accent the amazing plaid, and it has the perfect amount of structure to show off the cool design.  I know that purses are 3-d, but the features on this one make it MORE 3-d! It's definitely not a boring rectangle for sure!

I really should have stockpiled more of this vinyl!
It doesn't always show up, but there is a purple in the plaid that PERFECTLY matches the vinyl!

Since this is not a fandom purse, I had to really dig to find some good zipper pulls. I ended up going with the rainbow rings from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, on the gorgeous Day Dream iridescent zipper tape. Which of course meant that I needed to use rainbow hardware and rivets! Unfortunately the rainbow rivets I had on hand are only rainbow on the cap, so the backside of them (which only shows on the handles and the inside of the bag) are silver. I even did double zipper pulls on the main zipper, just because it seemed super fancy.

You could easily put a tassel or something on these zipper pulls.

The zippers at one end.

The inside and outside pockets have the same zippers
I even had rainbow purse feet in my stash!

It's hard to capture the rainbow on the feet.

Inside, the purse has 2 zipper pockets, which are accented with the pretty vinyl. It's nice and roomy, without being a giant tote bag.

Zipper pocket, under the top zipper

I promise, this is the other zipper pocket

Both zipper pockets in one, slightly washed out, shot!
The cross-body strap is detachable, and it can be shortened to a shoulder strap too.

My camera decided to capture the grain of the fabric. But it's still pretty!

I really love the combo of these colors, and some of the other plaids in the collection are even prettier! I think these fabrics could stand alone as a regular plaid and just make pretty things! Make sure you grab yours from Snow Willow Designs before this round ends!

One last pretty shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!