Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Time and Space Wayfarer II Traveler Tote - Small - (RLR Creations Pattern Testing)

When I was picked to test the newest Wayfarer II Tote pattern from RLR Patterns, I went for the smaller size, thinking it would be a cute little bag. Wrong! It is a cute HUGE bag! 
Is it me, or does this bag look grumpy?

This side is just indifferent. 
I'm trying to dig into my stash more and use up some of my hoarded treasure fabrics, so I gave my group the chance to pick a fabric theme without knowing anything about the project or the actual fabric. The winning theme was Doctor Who, and I found a gorgeous toile from Knitorious that jumped out at me. A fun Tula Pink Hexi was a perfect accent, but I didn't account for just how big this bag is and didn't have enough of the Hexi fabric for all my lining pieces! (Yes, I should have trusted the instructions, which called for more than a yard of fabric...)
Inside the front pocket, where I had to scrounge for something that matched

Inside the bag, used some of the outside fabric for this one!

Look how awesome this fabric is!
I also used the textured Egyptian Blue vinyl from My Punkbroidery for the base and the handle connectors. My handle connectors aren't the greatest, so please don't look too close! I needed a much shorter foot on my sewing machine and I should have ripped those off and tried again, but I wasn't very patient that day and just left them. I did add in rivets to make them a little stronger, but they are definitely NOT my best work!
Looks a little hungry...
The Wayfarer has a bunch of pockets! There is a water bottle stretchy style on one side, a regular slip on the other side, a front zipper pocket with extra pockets inside, a back zipper and slip pocket, plus more inside! Did I mention it's HUGE? You can easily fit a binder and notebooks in this bag!
Stretchy pocket

Inside zipper pocket
No Doctor Who bag is complete without the fun Tardis zipper pulls from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts! The white and blue zipper tape was a perfect match for this fabric. The pattern has a BUNCH of pieces that had to be cut out (over 90!) but it really comes together nicely and has some good structure. 
I really love the Buckle D Rings!
It's hard to get a pic since the Tardis is super shiny!
If I traveled more, I'd definitely keep this bag for myself, it would be a perfect carryon (pretty sure it would fit...) or great for a weekend trip! Be sure to check out the new pattern, and the backpack version! 
Nice big zipper so you can open it pretty wide!
If you don't have time to make your own, I can work with you to make an awesome Wayfarer II with some other gorgeous and fun fabrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!