Friday, November 15, 2013

Mug Rug Madness, continued.

My love affair with the mug rugs continues...

I needed a gift for a cousin…so this one came about in the night before I was going to see her.  I had the fabric on hand from a purse, and just upsized the previous chevron pattern.  I think these were 2 1/2" HST.


(Simply Color by V&Co)

I did the wrap around binding again, this time with hand sewing on the front.  Much prettier than the machine sewing!

And then I went crazy and decided to try a double point Dresden plate!  Yes, I may be insane.  I followed this tutorial http://www.happierthanabirdquilts.com/2013/09/dresden-plate-mug-rug-tutorial.html  It is still in progress (deciding on binding) but I kind of really love it. When I wash it, the fabric should crinkle up nicely and hide any not perfectly aligned points.  Not that my stuff isn't perfectly aligned...it is!  (if you squint with one eye and close the other, you'll see how great it looks!)



(Simply Style by V&Co)

Once I bind this one, I need to work on the other half  of this mini charm pack, the pieces are already cut, sewn, pressed, and waiting for me to figure out the layout.  That takes me a while... I'd better hurry up, I have already had to hunt down tiny pieces of fabric that mysteriously wandered off!  Then I have 2 more mini charm packs patiently waiting to be turned into mug rugs.  I was planning on more of the mini dresdens, but I don't know if I have that kind of dedication with the holidays approaching.  I like to make handmade gifts for a few of the family members, but I always run out of time.  Someday I'll start Christmas presents in July.  And Halloween costumes in February.  suuuure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!