Monday, October 29, 2018

Helmeted Hosta Hobo - (Blue Calla)

I always forget how big the Hosta Hobo is until I start making one.  Someday I might try the 'small' one, but so far everyone that wants it for a camera bag wants BIG!
So much pretty PURPLE!!
For this one, I cut into my sugar skull style Star Wars fabric stash from Hapa Fabrics. (try saying that 3 times fast) I love that the custom fabric groups are now (sometimes) running woven options so I can more easily make purses from them!  The glitter canvas from GlitterBug Fairy matches amazingly well, and it was a nice thin one, so very easy to sew!
Back, no pockets, just pretty fabric!
Bottom of the bag with purse feet.  Pretty and will rarely be seen!
The inside is some of my newer Tula Pink skulls, a totally gorgeous purple color and so fun! To stretch the fancy fabrics, I also used a slightly shimmery star fabric from Joann's.  It compliments so many of my fabrics that I finally broke down and bought a bolt of it!
It was dark, the flash was needed...
Slip pockets - the purple is actually a little deeper in color
The camera insert isn't anything really exciting to see, but it is nice that the velcro makes it adjustable.  I use the sew in velcro after the one debacle involving the 'peel and stick' stuff that gummed up my sewing machine needle. 
Removable camera insert/protector
Closer to the true color of the purple skulls, but still not quite right...
Insert inside the purse, gives it a LOT of structure!
 Come back soon for the next Hosta Hobo that was part of this order, a GIANT one with a pass through pocket for a nursing pump!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!