Friday, July 3, 2020

WIP Friday - Organization Galore

I finally stole some time to get organized, and it was very overdue!  I was spending hours looking for fabric for requests, so this will save me time in the long run, besides making me happier every time I walk into my studio!
Probably not even half my fabric...the opposite walls have more shelves along them.
Now that I can almost get to my vinyl stash easily (just 6 tubs in the way, instead of  6 tubs and 2 mountains of fabric waiting to avalanche), I decided to throw in a little more chaos to the mix! The Sweet n Sassy group is running a 31 in 31 challenge, stitching up 31 of their designs in the month of July, and you have to do at least 1 a day! Good news is that this will help me burn through my towel stash and be prepared just in case there are fall craft shows! Will I make all 31? Probably not, but any I do finish are better than what I started with! Better go start day 3 on the embroidery machine before I get distracted again!
Day 1!

Day 2!

Current Projects and Orders: (in no particular order)

  • Doctor Who Dragon Sling - The project that inspired the organizing, I can't find the fabric for one part of this order and it's driving me crazy!
  • Tangled NCW - At least I got something finished!
  • Puppy Sydney - Preordered fabric from March that finally showed up!
  • Puppy Penny Inn
  • Another 3 zip bag for promoting hardware - I really want to just bust this one out, but I should probably focus on a few orders first!
  • Star Wars Strapfield Convertible Bag 
  • NCW - Tiny Haunted Mansion
  • Masks (0/14)
  • fluff pillows
  • Connie's Clutch 
  • Wanderer Wallet + 2 curvy bags 
  • Siren Tote - Tattooed Belle 
  • Villains Annette, Pick a Pocket 
  • stacked snacks Carrier's Conquest 
  • July Moonbeam strike sewing - tote bag 
  • Foolish Mortals Fanny Pack 
  • ~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric, payment, etc~~~~~
  • DBZ and NBC baby blankets 
  • Edna Siren Tote 
  • Doctor Who blanket
  • Olive Vanity Bag - Honeydukes 
  • Siren Tote - Foolish Stitch 
  • lots of zipper pouches
  •  ~~~~No deadline/stuff for the kids/myself~~~~~
  • Frozen Denver backpack (zipper testing/promoting)
  • Minky Science blanket for my son
  • cuddle fabric blanket for youngest
  • 'normal' hoodie for youngest daughter, leggings and a cardigan (going to make her cut out the pattern and pieces, but I'll probably run the serger...good sewing lesson tho!)
  • Sew Along Factotum-partially sewn
  • Sandra Saddle bag - Now changed to an ITA bag, possibly...

Embroidery/Etsy Orders (Need to make this a separate category so I can keep track of stuff.  I try to get these out faster, so more to mark off!)

  • Next round of sanitizer holders (16/18) 
  • Mulan style combs
  • Tardis Teddy Bear

Craft Show Projects: (Everything has been postponed...but maybe fall shows will still happen? for now I need new stuff to add to Etsy!)

  • Lanterns (40)
  • Hooded Towels (goal: 30)
  • Embroidered hand towels (7/15)
  • Crayon Rolls (40)
  • Posh books (10)
  • Bows
  • Crochet button up scarves
  • Slouchy hats
  • Sew up the princess apron panels
  • fabric panel clocks (2)
  • Holiday geeky Stockings (10)

Current Crochet Projects:

  • The Child giant version - only needs his clothes!
  • The Child mini version - yes, I started another one, but the big one was TOO big to take with me! and the first attempt I must have been really tired because the legs and arms were totally different sizes. Second attempt is coming together better...
  • Cotton face scrub pads - I will try to get back to these, still have all the supplies!
  • baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces -  need to finally put this together, maybe I'll just put it in a frame!
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe! - This got stashed somewhere, so I need to remember where the 'safe place' is.
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, need to dig this back out.
  •  C2C blanket for my son - just needs ends woven in!

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - 36 left to sew!
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn! - Need to figure out where it got stashed
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)
  • strap for Brandt's Boulevard - giving up on this for now, no spare time!
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Downsized Denver backpack - mostly cut out, just need to figure out the straps, but may go with connectors for now to try it out
  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • CL hats - have maybe 3 or 4 cut, sewing them together should be pretty fast

Want to make - list:

  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls   
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • Ruched Shirt
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!