Thursday, December 2, 2021

Sus Wars Begonia Drawstring Bag - Longshore Custom Fabrics (Blue Calla)

I was lucky enough to have the chance to sew up a fun fabric for a new (to me) group, Longshore Customs. There are a bunch of fun fabrics available on this preorder, so be sure to check it out! I needed a fast project since November and December are totally crunch time, so the Begonia from Blue Calla was the perfect choice!  It only takes a small amount of fabric, but is easy to customize to show off a panel.

Increased the bottom size to 1" past the graphic, then decreased the top panel by the same amount. And still ended up trimming off a little of the top panel.

I really wanted to make this bag pop, so I dug into my stash and found some shimmery bright green vinyl from My Punkbroidery (Stardust, so amazing!) and a batik style green fabric for the lining and accents (it PERFECTLY matches!) I have no idea when I bought that fabric, but it was used for another recent order and helped me decide that green vinyl was a great choice. I'm not usually a 'bright' color person, but it looks really good with this dark fabric.

The toss fabric has a nice assortment of characters and directions
Inside is just nice and roomy, no pockets.
The zippers are some mystery pack ones that I picked up from Alchemats Hardware, and ended up being perfect. Since they were 'mystery' ones, I had to mix and match finishes, but with the green coiled zipper from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, it all works! (or at least I think it does!).
Crewmate in gold, and a knife that is apparently from the game? I've never played so no idea

Scrunched closed, still shows off the panel nicely!
I didn't have any good cording available, and needed a fast solution for the straps, so I cut into my bias tape stash (leftover from before I could get elastic for masks!) and quickly sewed them up. I might have to stress test it a little to make sure they are strong enough to hold whatever gets packed in the bag, but they at least look good!

The posh book is on silver vinyl, so sad I messed it up!

There was a little of the main fabric left, so I decided to try a quick applique posh book from String Theory Fabric Art. Unfortunately the vinyl slid just a little, so while the front looks good...the back is not as nice. I should just make another one, as soon as my machine isn't busy with craft show inventory.  Oh, I bet it would be a cute hand sanitizer case too!  Hmm...ideas...need more time in my day, or maybe get the backup embroidery machine serviced and in the running...
The book does fit perfectly in the pocket, as would most phones!

Make sure you check out all the great fabrics in the preorder, there is another sus mashup, plus some fun Supernatural and several others! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!