Thursday, December 22, 2022

WIP Thursday - Vacation Time!

I started my vacation on Monday, and I'm trying to catch up on all the things that were waiting for me to have 'free time'. So far that means working on the last orders, cleaning up the disaster that is the house and the craft studio, and throwing fun things on the embroidery machine as I sew. I set a goal of stitching up a blanket a day to try to work through the stash of blankets, plus getting my craft studio at least a little more organized...

One of the 'for fun' blankets I stitched up, still available!
We'll see how far I get! At this point, ANY organizing is better than what it is currently, so I'll take it. I'm looking forward to squeezing in some fun sewing next week, probably with some of the fabric I uncover in my organizing. I now have so much that I can't remember everything I own so it's like Christmas when I dig into some of the shelves I haven't touched in a while! 

Current Projects and Orders: (in no particular order) 

  • Monica handbag in vinyl - attempt #2 in progress, going much better, but NEVER AGAIN making a white vinyl purse. NEVER AGAIN!
  • Blues Clues Bee Balm Backpack 
  • NCW - HP maps - Not due to ship until January, so I'm not counting this yet
  • NCW - Supernatural - also not due to ship until January, so not part of the end of year push
~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric, payment, etc~~~~~ 
  • Doctor Who blanket
  • NCW - potions, masks, mask panel pouch
  • mini pegasus Dogs 
  • Ghibli Diaper Bag
  • HP Nora Handbag
  • Dragonfly Hiraeth

 ~~~~No deadline/stuff for the kids/myself~~~~~

  • Princess Bride Speedwell Sling 
  • Minky Science blanket for my son
  • Sew Along Factotum-partially sewn
  • ITA messenger style bag

Embroidery Orders/Projects: 

  • Embroidered pre-made tote bags (6/60) - Taking orders and also making samples for Etsy/craft shows
  • Blankets - (3/14) goal for the vacation stitching

  Craft Show Projects (and RTS items): I'll restock soon!

  • Doodle Dolls - did so many, now to make extras for pics and listing on etsy!
  • Crochet Cowls (mini button scarves) - have 2 left to finish,, time to make more!
  • Holiday geeky Stockings (3/10) - Tried the mini pattern and have some other sizes cut, need to sew more for inventory for next year
  • Lanterns (0/14) - all that are left in my stash!
  • Embroidered hand towels (6/15)
  • Crayon Rolls (4/30) - Time to restock these, getting low!
  • Posh books - (precut vinyl, need to throw these on the machine when I have time
  • Key fobs (restock and stitch new styles)
  • Pocket Pals 
  • Ornaments - Finish the ones in the stash, stitch up a few new ones
  • Finger puppets - check inventory, stitch missing ones from sets, add in a new set or 4.

Current Crochet Projects:

  • The Child giant version - he's looking for a new home, still no clothes, but I'm done with him LOL
  • The Child mini version - yes, I started another one, but the big one was TOO big to take with me! and the first attempt I must have been really tired because the legs and arms were totally different sizes. Second attempt is coming together better...
  • Cotton face scrub pads - I will try to get back to these, still have all the supplies!
  • baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces -  need to finally put this together, maybe I'll just put it in a frame!
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe! - This got stashed somewhere, so I need to remember where the 'safe place' is.
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, need to dig this back out.

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Embroidered MLP tiny bag
  • Crayon Rolls 
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn! - Need to figure out where it got stashed
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - Just needs grommets!
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • CL hats - have maybe 3 or 4 cut, sewing them together should be pretty fast

Want to make - list:

  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • MORE Purses with the custom fabric stash - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls   
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • pillow cases with the bolts of character fabric I stocked up on during mask season

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!