Monday, February 6, 2023

Fancy Porg Ruffled Runaway Purse Pattern Testing (ChrisW Designs)

When I saw this pattern, I knew it needed to have a fancy fabric accent and be one of my 'classy' purses! The Ruffled Runaway is an adorable bag that can be fun or fancy! (or Fancy fun!)

Finally, daylight to take pictures!

The straps are shoulder for people with smaller arms, or it's an arm bag for the rest of us
Back, with MORE PORGS!
I'm always excited to test a new pattern from ChrisW designs, there are usually LOTS of pockets and fun features, plus it's an excuse to dig into my fabric collection! This purse is actually on the smaller side, but still surprisingly roomy, and so many pockets on the outside! There are 4 total on the outside, and another zipper pocket inside!

One end pocket, nearly identical to the other end...

See, this is the other end, I swear!

Nice and roomy pockets on each side
The floral Porg fabric is some I fell in love with from Ohana Fabrics and bought on a whim. It makes me happy. I love how the little Porg is peeking out on each end, so cute!

He's watching you.

The 'extra fun' feature of this purse is the ruffled handles. They look like they stretch, but they do NOT. And they are pretty packed in there, so the ruffles don't move around a lot. You could do a quick stitch in a few places to keep them in place even better, but the way they are constructed is very cool. I would definitely suggest a turning tool, mine was stolen by the craft gnomes so I had to use a combination of the single safety pin I can find in the entire house and my hemostats, which are not very long. That step probably took me as long as making the entire rest of the purse...

Handles hanging down, they have some structure but aren't super stiff

I used some of my Uncorked fabric for the accents and strap, and then a fun geometric print from the stash for the lining. I can't remember where the lining fabric came from, probably Joann's or Hobby Lobby since I buy random fabric that catches my eye all the time. The uncorked came from one of my favorite facebook quilt shops, Something Quilty.

There's a zipper pocket in there...promise!

The pattern has optional cross body strap that is attached using grommets and gate rings, but the craft gnomes have also been hiding my gate rings, so I ended up using a strap hardware that I bought a few years ago and ran across as I was digging for the rings. The connectors are from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts. I think the porg zipper pull came from Alchemats Hardware. No idea where I got the fun sparkly blue zipper tape tho. I really need to track my supplies better...

Look at that pretty hardware and zipper!

Hard to get a good zipper shot because he's SO SHINY!

This purse is actually pretty roomy but it's not a super huge bag. I tried to get some shots on the mannequin to show that off, but it's a smaller one, so the purse does look huge LOL

Adjustable cross body strap is detachable!

Make sure to grab your copy of the Ruffled Runaway, and until Sunday 12th February 11:59pm AEST, you can use code ‘runaway15’ to save 15% off this new pattern! I'll also be adding this purse to my album for ordering, definitely looking forward to making more!

One last pretty pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!