Thursday, October 8, 2026

WIP Thursday - October? So Soon?

September FLEW by, mainly because I was busy with shows, stocking up for shows, and SO MANY Etsy orders! I think that was probably my highest number of orders for a single month, other than during the craze of vax card holders in 2020. I'm not out of the woods yet, orders are still coming in, and as soon as I am caught up again I'll be opening up the listings for a few more orders. It's already a week into October and I am barely getting a post out! That is one sign of how busy it has been.

First time I've modified the police dog wings to be the construction dog, and it's glittery yellow!
Based on my orders, I'd say ponies are VERY popular as a costume this year, and also the Paw Patrol movie is helping my wing sales. I added in a felt unicorn horn this year after getting a request, and that is surprisingly popular as well! Better get back to it, no time to waste!

 

Current Projects and Orders: (in no particular order)  

  • H2O to go bags - 6/8 finished 
  • Test backpack - finished enough for pics! - binding is still in progress...
  • NCW - plague doctor 
  • NCW - tan maps 

~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric, payment, etc~~~~~ 
  • Roll up Tool pouch
  • Laptop sleeve 
  • (4) Moondance 
  • Vinyl bag 
 ~~~~No deadline/stuff for the kids/myself~~~~~
  • Time to come up with another project!

Embroidery Orders/Projects: 

  • Wings (3/3) finished the original 3, but then got in orders for a bunch more and I lost count.
  • Pony shoe wings (9/9) - plus more!
  • Non-stop pony ears  
  • Gingerbread purse - Only the strap left!
  • Coffin purse

Craft Show Projects (and RTS items): 
  • Sleep masks - These are so fun, I want to make a bunch to see if they sell! 
  • H2O to go bags - (6/8) depending on how popular the first ones are, I might need to make a lot more! 
  • Embroider peekers on towels - hand, hoods, big towels
  • Doodle Dolls - XL, Regular - make new ones and list on Etsy
  • Crochet Cowls (mini button scarves) -  0/5 - need finished with buttons and ends woven in 
  • Holiday geeky Stockings (0/10) 
  • Lanterns (0/20) - 
  • Embroidered hand towels (0/25)
  • Crayon Rolls - (0/50) - finish and list on etsy
  • Posh books - (5/50) - pretty and character vinyl, plus some more snarky ones that can go on Etsy
  • Key fobs (restock and stitch new styles)
  • Pocket Pals and Purse Pals - (0/6)
  • Ornaments 
  • Finger puppets -   Kylo, R2, Mandalorian, another princess set or Encanto.
  • Moondance Jr Legal notepad covers - finish the precut, cut more
  • Embroidered blankets -  (0/50) need to restock - surprisingly popular at a show early in September, time to make as many more before mid November as I can!
  • Mav Packs - I picked up a LOT of kits for these last year, need to start stitching them up!

UFO list: 

Current Crochet UFO's:

  • The Child mini version
  • baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces -  need to finally put this together, maybe I'll just put it in a frame!
  • Dragon scarf
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - debating doing more of these...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Want to redo the hair, add in face, and a dress
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket 
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, need to dig this back out, probably going to scrap this one because it needs a lot more yarn and I don't think I can get it anymore

 Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Embroidered MLP tiny bag
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn! - Need to figure out where it got stashed
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - Just needs grommets!
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  

2026 Goals:

  • New Sewing pattern each month:
    • January -- Teeny Trinket Tote, Test pattern
    • February -- Test Patterns (3)
    • March --  Already did one test pattern, hoping there are more coming!
    • April -- Test pattern
    • May -- Test pattern
    • June --Teacup Trinket Bag
    • July -- ITA bag, finally  
    • August -- Beatnik hip bag
    • September -- 
    • October -- 
    • November --
    • December -- 
  • Finish up at least 1 UFO/WIP a month.  (same as last year, so I should really try to do them finally!)
    • January -- Plague doctor NCW, Bella II grommets, hardware on the alice in wonderland bag
    • February -- Mini MLP bag I found while cleaning 
    • March -- crochet project, I might try to hot glue the pieces of the fox I started forever ago and frame them instead of trying to put them on a blanket.
    • April -- Crayon rolls - 2
    • May --  2 moondance covers I have prepped - Star Wars!
    • June -- working on the previous unfinished options
    • July -
    • August -- ??
    • September -- ??
    • October --
    • November -- ??
    • December -- ??

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!