(I call him Captain BunnyBeard)
I needed a new clutch since the one I've been using I put the clasp too low for it to hold my giant phone, which was a great excuse to make a new one. I broke into my stash of batik fabric from my very first de-stashing buy. I can't even remember the name, but it might have been French something... Anyway, first I embroidered the fabric, then cut out the flap piece. I have a template made of quilter's template, so it is somewhat clear. I made a mark on the template for the center of the flap, but I am thinking that I might move my mark down a little so the embroidery is not wrapping around the curve as much when the wallet is closed.
(Flap closed, still cute, but he is right on the bend)
The back shows off the pretty batik pattern of the fabric, but since I only had not quite a fat quarter and it wasn't centered, I had to trim and sew extra pieces on for the width. The seam lines are hidden in the sides, so it's not bad at all.
I also decided to try double zippers since I was making this just before I left for a trip and didn't have a lot of spare time. Once I wrapped my mind around them, it worked fine, but I sat and stared at that piece for at least 15 minutes trying to figure out how to finish the seams! I think I still prefer the extra card slots, but this one worked great for my trip since I didn't take ALL my cards and I needed to keep track of receipts for reimbursement. The second zippered pocket held them all so they didn't fly everywhere when I opened it!
I also attached the side loops on the zippered pocket for the shoulder strap, and made a matching shoulder strap. I think next time I'll move the loops a little higher, but this little clutch was perfect for my trip! It fit nicely into my computer bag and with the strap it was easy to grab it for when we were walking around after the training. I can't wait to make another one!