May is always a busy month for me, we have birthdays galore and school drawing to a close, so everything goes into overdrive!
Here's a few things I worked on last week -
Tunic dresses for 2 little girls - Used the free pattern from the Color Me fabric line. It was a pretty fast and easy dress to make, but I think that it really needs more than a yard to make the size 6. I was able to get one cut out of a yard, but there is no way I would be able to do it in fabric that has a direction. I tried to use the Color Me fabric, but even if I didn't try to center the motif there was just not enough width to cut 2 pieces! I'd suggest at least 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 yards, which would give you enough room to fussy cut.
The Frozen version I had to cut the separate pieces for the back and sew them together, so I don't know how I cut the Baymax one that I was able to do it in 2 cuts. I also cut 4 pockets instead of 2 and sewed them right sides together, flipped them out, and sewed them on so they are lined pockets. There was also a request for a zipper on the Frozen one, so I finally got to use one of my pretty lace zippers!
I finally got around to trying out a hairbow holder I picked up a few weeks ago. Not bad for my first attempt, but I wish I could have found better ribbon to match Anna's dress!
|(I think this dragon needs a jeweled eye!)|
I got tired of losing my embroidery scissors, so I came up with this idea, a command hook ON the machine! One step closer to being organized! One teensy, tiny step....
This twist lock was the DEVIL to install, but I can't wait to see the entire project finished!!
And speaking of devils...while I sew I watch Netflix and I recently started watching Supernatural. My oldest watches it on and off with me, but she came up with a sticky note to describe the series so far (We're in season 3). And now we call them Food Brother and Hair Brother. :D