Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Kiss Clutch - Quick Teacher Gifts!

As the end of the school year approaches, I always have great plans to make something special for the teachers that have survived nurtured and enriched my kids.  And as usual, I wait until last minute to make something.  This year I found the adorable Kiss Clutch by ChrisW Designs and it seemed cute and more importantly, fast!
(for the two kindergarten teachers)

They really were quick to sew, no zippers or tricky parts, and I was able to make each clutch with 2 fat quarters of fabric, and I still have some left over!  I hope the teachers love them as much as I loved making them! I started them the final week of school, and had the red one finished by Friday, and the other 2 ready to go by the very last day.  I could probably have finished them all in time, but I had a few days of no sewing time during the week.
(Ladybug print for a teacher that had her entire room done in ladybugs!)
(Love this black!)

(I totally didn't accidentally almost put the magnet on the wrong side and have to move my front strap to hide it.  What are you talking about?)
(Not my usual color choices, but so bright and bold in person!)
(Probably my favorite fabric of the whole set, I LOVE purple!)

(Cute little lady bugs!)
The fabric is Tula Pink's True Colors Line.  I love the bold colors and fun patterns!  I have an entire fat quarter stack of the line, so I'm debating using the rest to make more clutches for the Etsy shop, or maybe hanging onto it until I find another project.  Or just hoarding it and petting it.  Right now hoarding is looking like the winner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!