Wednesday, May 18, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Deadlines are sneaking up on me!!

I have several things I promised to customers by June 1, and somehow we are over halfway done with the month!  And now I need to start cracking the whip so I get all the stuff done for an event at our local library...  My goal is to get through this pile of goodness...
Hair bows, finger puppets, snap tabs, stuffies, pencil toppers...

all the things I've stitched out in the last 6 months and only cut out what I needed immediately for orders.  Some will need glued, others will need snaps...time to assembly line stuff!  And also keep the lint roller nearby because those little threads and felt trimmings get everywhere!  I think I need to make a 'second chance' basket, for the things that I can't bring myself to toss but they aren't quite good enough to keep because the stitching pulled or looped, or something was off.
My 'extras' bag is overflowing!

And then all these crayon rolls need stitched up, plus I have so much more fun fabric to cut into and make more!

And then I thought that the event is going to have people in costumes, so maybe I should make some masks too!...But which ones??

Luna from Sailor Moon!
But before I do that, I really need to finish a few paid projects!

And since I have deadlines, that is usually when I get the urge to clean my house.  Good thing I'm so talented at resisting that urge.  ;)

I also realized that school is almost over for the year, and I absolutely LOVED the teachers my younger kids had this year, so I really want to make them something nice for their year end gift!  I'm sure I can squeeze 2 more projects in somewhere...

WIP: (Stuff sitting out on my work area and taking up space)

Sewing: 

Finish Two-faced Bonnie. - Just needs rivets and hand sewing!

Pattern Testing for a secret project - I will say the fabric will probably be nautical in nature.  I'm feeling very ocean-y lately... Coming along nicely!

Forgot about the dress and pillowcase for my niece's birthday...I hope those are fast sews so I can actually get her present to her BEFORE her birthday for once...Someday I'll plan ahead a little better.

Brandt's Boulevard in skulls (x2 - different fabrics, another one in "Girly" fabric - need the first one by June 1 - I had the date wrong, shew.)

Star Wars Tote Purse - fabrics picked out Also moving up because this is needed by June 1! - In the new Darth Vader Sugar Skulls fabric!

March BOM - Pirate BunnyBeard just needs his strap!

Embroidered pillow covers - need to cut a back piece after I figure out if I'm doing a zipper or envelope closure...I'm thinking of using my invisible zippers and doing another one from the same set of patterns...so far the fish is in the lead for what will be stitched next.  I'm procrastinating because I don't want to have to lint roll the entire sewing area after I cut my next piece.  Not even exaggerating.


Crochet:

Sea turtle lovey has his head and legs done, started on the bottom of his shell.

Mermaid lovey - Sea blanket is done, head is done (no hair), started on tail. Giant head is kind of freaking me out, so I need to finish her!

Embroidery:  

Start cutting out my backlog of bows and keychains so I'm maybe ahead of the game for the next Etsy orders and craft shows...

Sailor Moon Key Chains will be coming soon!  Need to decide on colors!

NIL (Next in Line-Things I plan on and want to do, but haven't gotten around to yet...)

Boronia Bowler - I really love the shape and wide open top featured on this purse, it would look amazing in just about any of my fabrics!!
Lotus Purse
Finish the Owl Epiphany purse
Crayon Rolls
Rosie Tsum Tsum purse
Tulip pouches (from this free pattern!!)
January Bag of the Month (Backgammon Bag) - Either in some Effervescence fabric or maybe the Zelda stained glass fabric
Quilted pillow covers - Sasquatch fabric is ready to go, just need some spare time!
May Bag of the Month - I think I'm going with a Doctor Who random toss fabric that glows in the dark.  Because I can.

UFO (Unfinished Objects that are already started but I have no set time to work on and don't want to forget about them forever!)

 

Sedimental Quilt- all quilted, just needs squared up and binding - 2 sides are cut, need to do 2 more, when I have my cutting area cleaned off
Cowls - just need buttons and ends woven in.  Giving up on the one a month plan until it gets closer to craft season.
Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish, already have someone that wants it!
Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
Dragon Lovey - I have pieces and the blanket done
Serendipity Hip in MLP fabric with vinyl bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!