Monday, June 10, 2019

Riders of Rohan Floor Pillow - MoonBeam Textiles (Middle Earth Reboot)

I didn't mean to volunteer to sew up a Moon Beam strike this month, but somehow I couldn't stop myself when I saw the amazing panels!  The one I received is double plush and I had to just hold it and pet it before I could sew it up since it feels like a kitten crossed with a cloud! 
It matches the couch, so I guess it's MINE!
The preorder is already open, so I went for a super fast project this time, a floor pillow.  The toddler topper and fat half yard of backing are perfect for this!  One hint -- use the double stick wash away quilter's tape to hold the zipper in place since the plush is stretchy!  Once I did that, the sewing went MUCH easier!
Coordinate print fat half back, with fun symbols
Not a perfect match for the zipper, but I'm using up my stash!
The zipper is a heavy duty separating plastic zipper from my stash that came in a mystery zipper box.  If you are making your own, I would suggest staying away from separating zippers mainly because you don't need it and they have a HUGE bulky end that makes sewing difficult if you need to get close to it.
Recruited a tester, he said it's nice and comfortable!
Mine is filled with about 6 blankets, but I could definitely shove in more to make it more solid, and it's already been nap tested by several people that will vouch for how comfy it is!  
Kinda lumpy due to all the blankets, but you can punch them into whatever shape you want for maximum comfort!
After a few naps, it smoothed out a bit and could hold even more blankets!
The Middle Earth Reboot is open until June 21st, so don't forget to order your fabric!  Or, you can always contact me and get in line for a custom purse, blanket, or floor pillow of your own!

1 comment:

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!