Monday, June 3, 2019

Haunted Portraits - The Allure Purse (ChrisW Designs)

Not only did I survive the graduation hoopla of the last week, I even have a fun new purse pattern to share!  The Allure from ChrisW Designs released recently, and I finally have time to show mine!
I changed up the fastener too, the swing lock is my favorite!
The sisters on the back
It has feet!
This pattern is designed to use either vinyl, cork, or leather for the accents (whatever your sewing machine can handle!) and it's amazing for showcasing a fun fabric, or you can include the neat flap zipper pocket.

Under the flap
Deceptively roomy!
Since I was trying to do the fastest version possible (who me, over-commit? Never.) I decided to do a featured flap fabric, and didn't add in any extra pockets for the inside.  I really love the Pocket Supplement A that Christine designed, it's compact but packs a lot of storage and organization.  If I make this one again for me, it will DEFINITELY have those pockets!
I think this shows the color of the cork a little better, it's so deep and rich that it was hard to photograph!
The in-seam phone pocket is something I should add to every purse, and it's big enough to hold probably any phone!
Purely coincidence that my nails matched...or possibly the fact that purple is one of my favorite colors...
The cork I used is a gorgeous eggplant purple I picked up from Sew Da Kine (currently out of stock), and it matches the Tula Pink De La Luna fabric like they were made for each other!  I love the colors and designs of the portrait fabric, but they really needed a big area to showcase the ladies.  I was able to fit one perfectly on the front and back of the flap, and then 2 on either exterior side.  The lining is another De La Luna one, the skull print coordinate. 
All 3 in one shot!
Skulls peeking back up at you, totally not creepy!
This purse is currently unclaimed, and will be listed in the Facebook group before it goes on etsy!  I can make more with different fabrics too!  If you want to make your own, be sure to snag the pattern from ChrisW designs!  I have so many ideas for fabrics to use on this, just need some more spare time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!