Friday, May 24, 2019

WIP Thursday - Sick Leave

I guess it was time again for a mandatory break!  My body decided that with all the weather changes and the way I've been trying to get stuff done, the only way to slow me down was with a head cold.  I'm starting to feel mostly human again (kinda), so back to it!
Sneak peek of the pattern testing!
I really wanted to finish up at least one purse this week, but unless a miracle happens (and I get super sewing speed), that is not going to occur.  I'm working on a fun new pattern for a test, using some of my gorgeous De La Luna Tula Pink fabric (finally, the cameos!) and deep purple cork.  I love working with cork, but the price is so high for the good quality that I am usually too afraid to cut into it.  I need to get over that fear and use it more, then obviously I could buy more...
Gravity Falls was an AWESOME cartoon.
I did get to finish up another teeny backpack, or I guess it's just a teeny zippered pouch since there are no 'backpack' straps on this one.  I have so much fun fabric and not enough time to play with it all!!
 
Next week is going to be so much prep for a graduation party, but I'm hoping to have a little free time to finish up the last orders and maybe even sneak in some fun sewing!

Current Projects and Orders:

  • Annette in Michael Jackson fabric
  • Add zipper to existing finished bag (my tiny screwdriver wandered off.  I need to put a bungee cord on that thing.)
  • Quick blanket order for a kiddo 
  • Zippered pillow (sword in the stone) 
  • 2 minky blankets from my toppers
  • Pattern test bag - One of my favorite designers is releasing a new pattern soon, so that snuck in!
  • The One with the Baby diaper bag in Hobbits (Changed pattern) - Fabric is washed and ready to cut, pattern printed, just killing time until the heavy duty machine is done at the spa because I am going to need The Doctor for this one!
  • Pegasus in Stranger things and waffles
  • Summit Sling bag - Disney themed - waiting for awesome rainbow mouse zipper pulls
  • ~~~~June Orders~~~~
  • NCW with Disney tattspiration fabric 
  • Honeysuckle Hobo Bag - Tula Pink again, different colors
  • Siren Tote - Chipmunk
  • NCW-HP
  • ~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric~~~~~
  • India Hobo (Wizard of Oz)
  • Minky Disney blanket
  • Floral Wars Lunch Box
  •  ~~~~No deadline/stuff for the kids/myself~~~~~
  • Minky Science blanket for my son
  • 'normal' hoodie for youngest daughter, leggings (going to make her cut out the pattern and pieces, but I'll probably run the serger...good sewing lesson tho!)
  • Sew Along Factotum- started sewing, but put aside again for orders.
  • Sandra Saddle bag - back to dragons, which is why I haven't made it yet  (minion order) 
  • Bandana purse - have the materials, just need time to figure it out  

Current Small Item Orders:

These are items that don't take long to finish, but since they are also handmade, I squeeze them in between the more complex items to give my brain a little break. ;)
  • More mini backpacks (12/12)  -  I think I finished these, losing count!
  • Even more teeny backpacks (1/7)
  • Fairy Lanterns - 1/2 finished, need to bug my friend again for which fabrics she wanted, but no rush on the order since it's local

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Inhaler cases - 0/3 (somehow these never got on the list!)
  • Graduation table runner 

Current Crochet Projects:

  • baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces, carpool project, but getting too warm out to work on blankets!
  • Unicorn Weebee - already to the head!
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe! - This got stashed somewhere, so I need to remember where the 'safe place' is.
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, need to dig this back out.
  • More crochet cowls to stock up for the fall shows! 
  •  C2C blanket for my son, on the third skein!

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - time to cut more and find the pre-cut ones!
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!
  • 3 clematis clutches - Just need sewn! 
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)
  • Toothless professional pouch (cut out and ran out of time to finish)

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive
  • CL hats - have maybe 3 or 4 cut, sewing them together should be pretty fast

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls 
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)
  • hoodie for me
  • Princess aprons

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!