Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Venus Honesuckle Hobo (Blue Calla)

I love buying new patterns and pretending that I'll make them...and sometimes I actually do!  The Honesuckle Hobo pattern from Blue Calla was originally released in the Carried Away collection, which somehow I didn't join, but I should have!
Love the colors!
Pretty proud of that strap!
It seems like I've been doing a lot of the same style, so it was really nice to try something new!  I even have an order for another of these, placed as soon as they saw this one in progress. 
It's slouchy, but has some structure
Inside the front pocket
This bag ended up much larger than I expected, but it's a great size for toting everything!  There are only a few pockets, but they are easy to get to and very unique looking.

Gusset pocket
would be handy for car keys or a phone!
For this one, I cut into my Tula Pink stash, which hasn't been getting much love lately.  The entire De La Luna line is gorgeous, nice saturated colors, intriguing designs and fun details!  This fabric is called Venus and has Venus fly traps and Death Head Hawkmoths, which is such a cool combination!  I am still looking for the perfect pattern to use my portraits on...
Back doesn't have the pocket, but it does have more of the great fabric!

Inside is another Tula Pink print with bats and moons. (Fabric is Batty, in phantom colorway)

Inside has slip and zipper pockets
The grey woven looking fabric is a print I had in my stash, from Joann's.  I wasn't totally sold on the 'solid-ish and crazy print' look, but now that it's together, I think it's awesome!
I remembered to snap a pic of my bag charm!  Time to make more!
Nice big zipper means easy access

The Honeysuckle Hobo has a LOT of room inside.  This is a roll of embroidery stabilizer and a regular sized can of basting spray I was using to help the bag settle into shape.  It looks a little wavy in the pics, but as it gets used and filled up, the weight of the stuff carried will hopefully smooth that out.  I swear the zipper isn't THAT wavy, it's just how it looks empty!
That roll is bigger than a roll of paper towels...
Batman decided to stop by, just to give you an idea of how huge this bag is...
I really wish I could have done the second one at the same time, that would have looked really cool to have both in the same pictures! In any case, I'm glad to be working through my list, and can't wait until I have a little time to play with more of my pattern stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!