Friday, May 3, 2019

Floral Force R2 Charlotte Tote - Moonbeam Fabric

I really wanted to wait and post this on May the Fourth, but I can't wait any longer to share! (and I'll be at an event all day tomorrow anyway...)
It's a very soft purse, so the handles won't stand up without assistance


Awesome hardware from XOXO by Lauren
The new fabric from MoonBeam Textiles is AMAZING!!  I am in love with the purple shades, the pretty flowers and R2!  If I was a tote person, this bag would be staying with me...but I'm a 'pockets galore, and close it up so the junk doesn't spill everywhere' person, so I guess I will let it go to a home that appreciates it.
With the sides tucked in, looks more like a purse!
Look at all that room!
The Charlotte City tote from Swoon is a fun and quick sew, which is good because I'm trying to get caught up on a ton of orders and didn't have a lot (or really any) spare time to squeeze in another project!
With the center unhooked, you now have a key keeper strap and expanded tote!
The vinyl is so much prettier than I can ever capture with a pic, it's from My Punkbroidery, but there are only limited quantities (Caribbean ice marine vinyl).  I definitely need more of this for my stash!  I originally planned on using a gorgeous tooled silver vinyl, but this one was the perfect match for the blue on R2. This vinyl is actually really soft and easy to sew, plus textured like a hand woven fabric!

I really love the coordinate fabric too, I'm glad I didn't go for stripes since then I'd feel like I needed to try to match them, and due to a mix up, I only had one panel and a fat quarter of the fabric to work with.  With some VERY careful cutting I made it work for the outside!  I went with some fun licensed print from Joann's for the lining, an artistic stye R2-D2 print.
The space is so amazing in person!
The fabric is only available for preorder until May 21th, so don't wait too long to order yours!  Or, if you'd like to order your own purse (either with this amazing fabric or others) you can always email me at TigerInATornado@gmail.com or join the Tiger in a Tornado Creations FaceBook group to browse some of my abundant fabric stash and design your own custom bag!
Playing around with the settings on my camera to try for an artistic shot

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!