Monday, October 21, 2019

As You Wish Triple Zip - Moon Beam Fabrics and Sew Da Kine

It's time for another awesome fabric round from Moon Beam Textiles! This one is a 80's remix and it is totally INCONCEIVABLE! (I'll try to not keep using that word, because I do know what it means)
Everyone needs a fancy copy of this book. EVERYONE.
Did the back piece as 2 parts, instead of 3
The fabric I received is gorgeous Princess Bride inspired, and almost looks like it was painted.  The quotes are some of my favorites from the movie (which I have watched so many times I can quote along with it...mostly correctly even!)
Just the purse, still amazing!
The purse pattern is the Triple Zip from Sew Da Kine, and it's designed more for vinyl or cork (or leather, I suppose), so I had to make a few changes to get it to have the structure I wanted.  I cut interfacing for every fabric piece, and fusible fleece for the lining.  I also changed up the top strap tabs to use fabric instead of nylon webbing, and added on a fabric strap.
Back with more of the gorgeous fabric!
To give this purse a pop of bling and elegance, I used tooled gold vinyl from My Punkbroidery, and gold zippers from the new Wizardry, Stitchery, & Crafts.  I also got some awesome rainbow circles to try with the tape, but they just didn't match so I luckily had these pulls in my stash, probably from Blue Calla?
I was trying to find a good picture in the book to showcase, but the inside cover map caught my eye
It would take a miracle!
My new sewing machine is AWESOME and I didn't even break a needle doing on this bag!  I've probably jinxed myself now and the next one will be breaking them left and right...
For the lining, I found some pretty metallic printed fabric in my stash (see, I NEED a stash for late night sewing!)  I'm pretty sure it was even a clearance one, but no idea where I got it from!  The strap matches perfectly to the quotes fabric, and was another random fabric from my stash.
Inside has 2 slip pockets
Inside the front pocket
Don't forget to snag your own awesome fabric from Moonbeam, there is Labyrinth, Neverending Story, Dark Crystal, and of course my favorite, Princess Bride!  I really think I need a blanket for ME!
One last closeup pic, the gold tooled vinyl was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!