Tuesday, October 8, 2019

80's Hosta Hobo (Blue Calla)

I'm totally a child of the 80's and this fabric is my childhood!
Two exterior zipper pockets give storage and a fun accent!
Back showing off more of the fabric!
The Hosta Hobo from Blue Calla is a HUGE bag in the large size. I always forget how big it is until I'm putting it together and have to wrestle it around my machine.  The construction isn't really that hard, but getting the strap connectors straight always takes me a few attempts.
Interior zipper pocket, horrible pic
I usually make it with the camera insert, but this time the order was for the bag only.  I had some fun rainbow blended stripe fabric in my stash that just said '80s' to me, and it's a fun pop of colors for the interior!
It goes from yellow to purple actually, super fun fabric that I wish I had stockpiled!

Muppet Babies were my jam.
The 80's fabric is a custom from Backstitch, and the lining is a quilting cotton from my stash that I have no idea who made (already tossed the selvage, sorry!)
The Hosta was even bigger than the Everyday Tote, which was part of the order!
I do have a bit more of this fabric in my stash, but I definitely need to make myself something with it eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!