Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Cave of Wonders Everyday Tote (Bagstock Designs)

Every time I saw this pattern, I was impressed by the style, but never had a reason to buy it until a customer ordered one, and now I want to make more!  The Everyday Tote is a quick sew, with some great detailing!
I love how Genie is inviting you to check out the bag!
I got everyone on this bag!
I was able to snag a few of the Backstitch Boxes with the awesome Aladdin fabric, but cutting into it is still kind of painful because I just want to hoard it and pet it...maybe I need to make myself a canvas of the fabric and hang it up somewhere I can look at it all the time...
The coordinate fabric is just as gorgeous as the main one!
The coordinate is pretty amazing too, so vibrant and a more subtle nod to the movie.  It would make a gorgeous purse by itself!
Using my random zipper stash, I think I have enough to last a few years
For the lining, I found this stunning gold foil printed licensed fabric.  I think it would make a fun wallet or cute and elegant clutch! Inside the Everyday tote is a zipper pocket and 2 fancy slip pockets.  I should start doing all my lining pockets in this style, just a little more work and looks so much neater!
The slip pockets pop out without taking up a lot of room
 The top has a nice zipper closure that can open wide for easy access! 
Evil Genie will protect your stuff!
Originally I was going do the handles and base in gold metallic vinyl, but it was just too soft and grabby and it looked like I topstitched with my eyes closed and half asleep (maybe I did? I do a lot of late night sewing)...the black was MUCH more cooperative and still looks elegant!
Purse feet give it a little more protection
You have no idea how hard it was to mail this one off, I just wanted to stare at it all day!  Maybe I do need one for myself!
Good structure so it stands nicely!
I have more panels and fabric in my stash, just waiting to be claimed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!