Monday, September 30, 2019

Magic News Upgrader - Pattern Testing! (ChrisW Designs)

I always love testing new purse designs, and this one is pretty amazing!
Backstitch woven panel fit PERFECTLY!
Doesn't everyone have an assortment of magic wands?
Ends are great for featuring some fun fabric!
Hard to see here, but it even has He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named on it
At first The Upgrader just looks like a cute bag with fun accents, and then you realize BAM it's full of pockets!  2 on the outside, a zippered one inside and if you add in the Pocket Supplement B, suddenly it's your very own organizational haven!
One of the outside pockets, quick access, the other one is closed by the strap

I was in the first round of testers, so the final pattern has the pocket supplement slightly smaller so it fits even nicer, and the lining was tweaked so it fits more snugly.
Wands are great for holding pockets open!
Pocket Suppliment B adds in 4 secured pockets!
I absolutely love this fabric from Backstitch, and one woven panel was enough to make both the front and back main pieces, plus the closure strap backing!  I thought about adding a pop of color fabric for the inside, but I wanted an excuse to use more of the fun main print!
Wand pocket? I love how the Narcissa wand perfectly matches, totally not planned!
For the accents, I used a tooled vinyl from My Punkbroidery and learned early on that you shouldn't use a heat press on it...at least not set to cotton and fully warmed up!  Apparently that will flatten out the texture on the vinyl.  After I recut and more carefully pressed that piece, it was all good. ;)
I LOVE this tooled vinyl, it's the perfect accent!
I forgot to take pics of my pocket supplement before attaching it, but it would make a fun little clutch all by itself and is totally finished even before you add it to the lining.
Hard ti see the pocket supplement B since I used the same fabric...
Go pick up this awesome ChrisW Designs pattern HERE and the Pocket Supplement B HERE! The instructions are thorough and there are even options for printing out ALL the pattern pieces (including rectangles, but not top straps), or just the shaped ones!  There is lots of great support in the FaceBook Group no matter what your skill level is, and Christine is very helpful! There are 2 sizes included in the pattern, I made the large, but the small one would be super adorable!
Vinyl shoulder straps with fabric lining are a bit more comfortable
If you don't want to attempt this on your own, I will have some openings soon for new orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!