Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Sacrificed Marigold Messenger - Moon Beam Textiles (Blue Calla)

The final project for the MoonBeam WoW round is a fun messenger bag!
I had to ask my experts about this one, really behind on my WoW bosses!

Back has no pockets, but shows off the coordinate fabric nicely!
Opened up, has 2 pen slots and 2 more pockets under the flap
I used the Marigold Messenger Bag pattern from Blue Calla, with a few modifications like not padding the ipad pocket or including the velcro strap.  I may go back and add in a snap to keep that pocket closed when not in use because it likes to gape open.
Inside was too dark for my camera so it decided to use the flash. Totally washed out the green lining!
Actual lining color, one side has the zipper and 2 slip pockets
Better (?) shot of the big pocket
I did run into a few errors in the pattern, but I think it was one of her earlier patterns!  Mainly the strap connector measurement on the table was too small, and it had me cut extra pieces.  Sometimes it pays to double check the pieces everywhere they are listed! The panel is an infant sized one, fit PERFECTLY on the flap with a little extra fabric to get it centered.
Colors are vibrant!

For some reason I was having a mental block and couldn't force myself to finish this one but once I started sewing, it came together quickly!  Now I can get back to orders!
Smaller bag, doesn't hold nearly as many as the Siren Tote!
I still think they are cute
And since the Murlocks were in the other pictures, they insisted on getting in on these!

Don't forget to place your preorder, closes very soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!