Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Become Sane Siren Tote (XOXO by Lauren)

This panel from Ohana Fabrics describes my life perfectly! Am I booked up for the next few months? Totally. Am I still accepting orders? Yes. Will I need to skip sleeping to have a chance of getting caught up? Also yes.

I'm like Edna, except a little taller and not quite as stylish...
The back is all allover toss print, my camera had trouble capturing how vibrant the hot pink really is...

I love the Siren Tote from XOXO by Lauren to show off panels to their fullest.  It's a fun, simple, and FAST pattern, and really easy to add in extra features!

The best part about using adult panels is that there is extra left over, for a fun inside the pocket treat!

For this tote, I added in a top riveted magnetic closure from Kamsnaps.com (installed after everything is done, so easier to topstitch!). The lining and straps are a fancy glittery black material that I prewashed to try to remove as much loose glitter as possible. I'm sure that as time goes by, the glitter might wear off, but it's on there pretty good...

I have a few different colors of the Edna fabric, and various sizes of the print, we put white inside to keep it cleaner...

Inside are a set of slip pockets, for a little organization, and a zipper pocket.  I used a fun Eiffel tower zipper pull from Wizardry, Stitchery and Crafts, but somehow it didn't want to photograph...

The zipper pull is really cute, trust me!

The base is a glittery black vinyl, just a little extra protection for whatever you stick inside.

Have you tried photographing glitter? It's really difficult.

This may be a quick pattern, but it has some fun details to keep it from being boring.  The gunmetal rectangles from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts are a subtle touch of style.  

The seam is on the sides

I did pick up a few extra of these panels in the recent rerun rounds, so if you need your own tote, just let me know!

The strap is a shoulder length, perfect for carrying!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!