Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Winter Wonder Triple Zip Crossbody (Sew Da Kine) - Moon Beam Textiles

This month's round for Moon Beam Textiles is all about the elements and seasons! The gorgeous subtle prints are done in amazing colors and have a TON of style! I was lucky enough to get the Winter version, with the coordinating stripes. Purple is one of my favorite colors, and even though it's very subtle in the snowflake print, the purple stripes are so perfect!  

Perfect winter bag!
Even better, the stripes are 'wonky' on purpose, so you can blame any uneven aspects on the stripes fooling your eyes...or at least that's what I'm claiming! I swear the pieces are straight!

I make the back as 2 pieces, instead of the 3 the pattern calls for, lets me show off a bigger piece of fabric!

Somehow the sewing looks straighter here...
I needed a quick project, since I'm STILL not caught up (at this point, I should just give up on every being 'caught up' and go for 'not that far behind' as my goal) so I picked the Triple Zip from Sew Da Kine.  It's a fast purse, and has lots of style! I had a fat half of each fabric in quilting cotton, and there was enough to make the purse AND 2 little professional pouches (plus some scraps left over)
Both pouches have shimmer/glitter vinyl corners, but the camera didn't want to pick that up and decided to wash out the colors

The snowflake zippers have been in my collection (we're not going to call it a hoard, unless you refer to me as a dragon, which I'm ok with actually) since they were released and have been waiting for the perfect project.  Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts has some amazing and fun pulls that aren't specifically 'fandom' and they are awesome! I'm eagerly awaiting the purple zipper to be restocked, it's a perfect soft color!

The snowflakes are all silver, the light just caught them all different
The zippers didn't want to be focused on
I tried to get a closer pic...they are so shiny my camera wasn't sure what was going on.

Don't forget to preorder your elements and seasons before this round closes at the end of the month! This purse is also looking for a good home...I'll be listing it in my FB group (Tiger in a Tornado Creations) this week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!