|With a coordinating key chain!|
First, I made one pretty close to the original, except I added in interfacing and lining pieces since I was doing regular cotton and not a canvas fabric. After that was done, I discussed with the customer and we realized it needed to be about an inch taller, so it was a good thing I didn't use my coveted fabric for it!
|Prototype with cute, but not rare, fabric|
|Opened up, with 2 pockets inside|
|Back - maybe a dark background wasn't the best since the piping blends in....rats!|
|So easy to install!|
- measured the pieces and added an inch on the height, plus added on a little to the sides to make it easier to cut with my quilting ruler.
- cut lining pieces for each pocket
- cut interfacing for ALL the pieces (SF101)
- Plastic snap instead of velcro
|Jack snap to replace the velcro|
- cut rounded corners BEFORE doing the piping if you want them to be actually even. I used my Yarn-it base as a guide for the second one, but a small plate or anything with a gentle curve would work
- pin the piping in place. (don't live on the edge like I do...)
- Be careful ironing Velcro - I managed to melt the velcro with my iron, but luckily I was able to easily peel it off and replaced it with a snap
|Lining - used some of my favorite rainbow fabric!|
|Small, but would still hold Batman and a few other friends!|