Monday, March 5, 2018

Another Magical Messenger Bag - Sydney (Swoon)

I do have a LOT of Harry Potter inspired fabric in my stash, and this purse took advantage of that!  3 of the fabrics used were custom printed ones and the fourth was a fun starry galactic one that is a great coordinate!  I think it's about time to invest in the templates, since I'm making at least a Sydney every other month (or sometimes 2x in one month...)  I started cutting out multiples of the interfacing, so that is speeding it up a little, but I think actual templates would be better!
Sydney looks pretty fancy with my tiger on there!
The colorful fabric is from MK* Designs and I should have gotten more!
Behind the pocket, map-ish fabric from Fabric Stache
I'm not sure how I managed to get the words so nice and straight, I was pretty tired when I was cutting and just went for it...magical alignment!
Once you make it past the front panel, the rest of the purse comes together pretty smoothly!  Even the front panel is more a matter of paying attention and taking your time to make sure your measurements are spot on and your topstitching is mostly straight (I'm not a machine and sometimes my machine actually decides to throw in a wiggle here and there!)
This map-ish fabric was so fun to use!
Inside the front zipper pocket - more stars!
For this order, I had a request to add on a key keeper strap, which is just a leash with a clip.  Since the ends can get a bit thick with the strap connector, I put it just inside the open end of the zipper.  It's pretty handy in the bigger bags, and I keep forgetting to put it in the ones I make for myself!
Key keeper strap, usually inside the bag
Inside has more fun fabric from Fabric Stache!
I always add in an interior slip pocket and divide it to have a pen slot and 2 bigger pockets.  It's great for trying to organize all the stuff that usually falls straight to the bottom of your purse, like nail clippers or lotion...
Divided slip pocket
The other request for this order was a matching change purse.  I went with the professional pouch again, and this time used a golden metallic vinyl for the accents.  Yes, the Snitch was my inspiration.  ;)  I didn't have gold hardware in the right size, so instead I used one with a different finish. I think it's gunmetal, but it could be 'black'. The silver I usually use just didn't look right...must resist the urge to stock up on every single color of hardware...
This fabric is so bright and colorful, and almost gone!
I think the patronus is my favorite part of the fabric
I am down to one Sydney on my list for this month, but it's going to be a fun Disney inspired one!  Just need to bust through my orders so I can start on it!
Prof. pouch will fit nicely inside any of the pockets! Batman approves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!