Monday, January 15, 2024

WIP Monday - Ramping Up!

We're halfway through January and things are starting to pick up!  A few orders are trickling in, and I'm actually almost finished with my UFO! I started it about 7 years ago, business got busy, and while I worked on it here and there, this is the first time I've had a longer stretch to focus on it. It's pretty amazing and I can't wait to show off the fully-functional Factotum! 

Just one of the pockets on the outside, SO MANY pockets in this bag!
Once I have it finished, I need to jump back onto the orders and trying to get ahead on anything I can, like the Puppy wing sets and prepping the Necessary Clutch Wallet pieces (and making samples of a few new fabrics to offer on Etsy). I really need to take my embroidery machine in a for a good cleaning/servicing/spa day but my favorite shop closed last year. I don't know what I'll do without my machine for 2 weeks! My backup machine hasn't been used in a few years, so it probably could use a little TLC as well...or maybe I should try to sell it or trade it in for a newer model. Or clean up the sewing studio enough to have space for both of them!

Current Projects and Orders: (in no particular order)  

  • Magnolia wallet
  • NCW Treats
  • Golden Girls Zipper pouch
~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric, payment, etc~~~~~ 
  • HP Nora Handbag
  • SW H20, 6 Moondance
 ~~~~No deadline/stuff for the kids/myself~~~~~
  • Sew Along Factotum-partially sewn
  • ITA messenger style bag
  • crochet hippo lovey
  • weave in ends on meeting blanket

Embroidery Orders/Projects: 

  • Gingerbread purse - Only the strap left!
  • Coffin purse
  • Mulan Combs
  • Pony ears
  • Puppy Goggles
  • Puppy Wing set (doing a few extra to cover when I send my machine in for a spa week or 2)

Craft Show Projects (and RTS items): 

  • Embroider peekers on hanging towels - both hand and large size
  • Doodle Dolls - XL, Regular - make new ones and list on Etsy
  • Crochet Cowls (mini button scarves) -  List on Etsy 
  • Holiday geeky Stockings (0/10) 
  • Lanterns (0/14) - all that are left in my stash!
  • Embroidered hand towels (0/25) - I bought a bunch of fluffy style towels, and these could go on Etsy
  • Crayon Rolls (0/50) -  went a bit overboard cutting into my character fabrics, so now I have a stack waiting to be sewn, Plus list up some on etsy!
  • Posh books - 0/20 - pretty and character vinyl, plus some more snarky ones that can go on Etsy
  • Key fobs (restock and stitch new styles)
  • Pocket Pals 
  • Ornaments 
  • Finger puppets -  Olaf, Darth Vader, Kylo, R2, BB-8, Mandalorian, another princess set or Encanto.
  • Moondance Jr Legal notepad covers - Prepped a stack, will sew them up between orders/projects
  • Embroidered blankets - Bluey, Yellowstone, Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Gamer, eeyore, piglet, grinch, Gilmore Girls, paw patrol...
  • Mav Packs - I picked up a LOT of kits for these last year, need to start stitching them up!

UFO list: 

Current Crochet UFO's:

  • The Child mini version
  • baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces -  need to finally put this together, maybe I'll just put it in a frame!
  • Dragon scarf
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - debating doing more of these...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Want to redo the hair, add in face, and a dress
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket 
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, need to dig this back out, probably going to scrap this one because it needs a lot more yarn and I don't think I can get it anymore

 Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Embroidered MLP tiny bag
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn! - Need to figure out where it got stashed
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - Just needs grommets!
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  

2024 Goals:

  • New Sewing pattern each month:
    • January -- Hiraeth Purse
    • February -- Marilyn wallet
    • March -- Dandelion Double Zip
    • April -- Triskele Wallet
    • May --Brooklyn Bag
    • June -- Purse Pal
    • July -- Traudy Triangle Bag
    • August -- Ymri Skull Wallet
    • September -- Hinterland Purse
    • October -- ??
    • November -- ??
    • December -- ??
  • Finish up at least 1 UFO/WIP a month.  (as I uncover more, I'll add to the list)
    • January -- the Factotum that I started maybe 6 or 7 years ago...
    • February -- Mini MLP bag I found while cleaning
    • March -- crochet project, tbd
    • April -- ??
    • May -- ??
    • June -- ??
    • July -- ??
    • August -- ??
    • September -- ??
    • October -- ??
    • November -- ??
    • December -- ??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!