Thursday, February 22, 2024

Tangled 626 Ninebark Backpack (Sew Sweetness) - Oh So Pretty Fabric

I was so excited to be chosen for a guest strike spot for Oh So Pretty Custom Fabrics, which as you might guess, has the PRETTIEST fabrics! The one I got to sew up was a super fun Tangled and 626 mash up, which is both pretty and EPIC!  I searched around to find a good pattern that would show off the panel, fabric, and the vinyl I received, and the Ninebark Backpack from Sew Sweetness, which had just been released, was perfect!  

One of the prettiest little backpacks I've ever made!

Nice big flap to show off more of the fabric inside!

Back view
This backpack is on the small side, but not super small. More of an adorable size that holds a decent amount of things. The 2 exterior side pockets are great for quick access. There's only one slip pocket inside, but I think you could easily add in another zip pocket inside!
Side view, roomy without being HUGE

Side pockets, not super huge, but big enough!
I really love the background fabric of the panels, and after cutting the flap out of the child sized panel, I was able to cut ALL the lining pieces, plus the connectors and zipper tabs out of the scraps! I did have to cut the base as 2 pieces and sew it together, but that helped me later when I needed to line up the center marks for sewing!
Inside pocket

only slightly blurry pic, but the colors are gorgeous!

I only had a yard of the main fabric, but that was plenty! I cut the straps first, so I wouldn't have to piece them, and then went for the rest of the pieces.  This is the regular scale woven fabric, and the images are perfect size for purses! I also got a roll of the glossy glitter sparkle vinyl in Mint to be color to use with the fabric. Usually I would go for a purple or pink with this fabric, but the Mint was a great contrast, while matching the doll almost exactly! It's a thicker vinyl, so I did adjust the interfacing a little. 

I probably could have done just one layer of vinyl for the strap cover, instead of the 2

The glitter sort of shows up, it's SO SPARKLY in person
I dug into my stash for some fun inspired zippers, because it obviously needed both a Snuggly Duckling sign and ceramic unicorns! I really need to keep better track of where I'm getting zippers since my stash is getting pretty extensive... but I'd rather sew than track inventory!
Snuggly duckling
Zoom in!

"Ceramic" Unicorns!
The zipper tape is also a perfect match, the lilac tape with day dream iridescent teeth from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts.
So pretty!
Make sure you grab your Tangled 626 fabric on the preorder, or contact me if you'd like to order something made with this gorgeous fabric! 
More of the mannequin, to get an idea of size on a small adult!

I had extra vinyl and scraps of fabric left, so be on the lookout for the post about the fun organizer! 

Mint To Be Glossy Glitter Sparkles vinyl is so hard to photograph!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!