Thursday, March 21, 2024

WIP Thursday - Spring?

Last weekend we had lots of snow, and today it's in the 60's. Probably going to snow a few more times before we hit true spring, but the trees and flowers are trying to perk up (and make allergies so much fun!) and I'm starting to feel the urge to spring clean and organize! I started pulling out more fabric to destash, but I realized I have a few tubs of previous destash that I should offer again...I'd LOVE to clear out more of my unloved fabric to a new home where it might actually get used! (or at least moved to someone else's collection) It just takes SO LONG to list up everything, everywhere. Maybe this will be the time I finally start listing fabric on my etsy shop. Or maybe make a separate 'destash' shop?

The newest stack to destash
I actually would love to have a perfectly organized sewing studio, but right now that's pretty impossible since my collection is bigger than my storage space! Those pretty, bright room I see in magazines and online are my dream, but just with about 10x more fabric. ;) 

Current Projects and Orders: (in no particular order)  

  • Libra Phone Wallet - Tattspiration 
  • Sample Plague doctor NCW
  • Golden Girls Denver backpack
  • Golden Girls NCW
  • Rainbow Dash Mav - For fun project I started while I wait for some supplies to show up.
~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric, payment, etc~~~~~ 
  • HP Nora Handbag
  • SW H20, (2/6) Moondance
 ~~~~No deadline/stuff for the kids/myself~~~~~
  • ITA messenger style bag
  • crochet hippo lovey

Embroidery Orders/Projects: 

  • Gingerbread purse - Only the strap left!
  • Coffin purse
  • shoe wings

Craft Show Projects (and RTS items): 

  • Embroider peekers on hanging towels - both hand and large size
  • Doodle Dolls - XL, Regular - make new ones and list on Etsy
  • Crochet Cowls (mini button scarves) -  List on Etsy 
  • Holiday geeky Stockings (0/10) 
  • Lanterns (0/14) - all that are left in my stash!
  • Embroidered hand towels (0/25) - I bought a bunch of fluffy style towels, and these could go on Etsy
  • Crayon Rolls (0/50) -  went a bit overboard cutting into my character fabrics, so now I have a stack waiting to be sewn, Plus list up some on etsy!
  • Posh books - 0/20 - pretty and character vinyl, plus some more snarky ones that can go on Etsy
  • Key fobs (restock and stitch new styles)
  • Pocket Pals 
  • Ornaments 
  • Finger puppets -  Olaf, Darth Vader, Kylo, R2, BB-8, Mandalorian, another princess set or Encanto.
  • Moondance Jr Legal notepad covers - Prepped a stack, will sew them up between orders/projects
  • Embroidered blankets - Bluey, Yellowstone, Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Gamer, eeyore, piglet, grinch, Gilmore Girls, paw patrol...
  • Mav Packs - I picked up a LOT of kits for these last year, need to start stitching them up!

UFO list: 

Current Crochet UFO's:

  • The Child mini version
  • baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces -  need to finally put this together, maybe I'll just put it in a frame!
  • Dragon scarf
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - debating doing more of these...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Want to redo the hair, add in face, and a dress
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket 
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, need to dig this back out, probably going to scrap this one because it needs a lot more yarn and I don't think I can get it anymore

 Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Embroidered MLP tiny bag
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn! - Need to figure out where it got stashed
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - Just needs grommets!
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  

2024 Goals:

  • New Sewing pattern each month:
    • January -- Bellago Caddy - well, that didn't happen
    • February -- Ninebark Backpack  It's not cheating, that IS a new pattern!
    • March -- Dandelion Double Zip
    • April -- Triskele Wallet
    • May --Brooklyn Bag
    • June -- Purse Pal
    • July -- Traudy Triangle Bag
    • August -- Ymri Skull Wallet
    • September -- Hinterland Purse
    • October -- Marilyn wallet
    • November -- Hiraeth Purse
    • December -- ??
  • Finish up at least 1 UFO/WIP a month.  (as I uncover more, I'll add to the list)
    • January -- the Factotum that I started maybe 6 or 7 years ago...
    • February -- Mini MLP bag I found while cleaning - Just going to add this to March...
    • March -- crochet project, I might try to hot glue the pieces of the fox I started forever ago and frame them instead of trying to put them on a blanket.
    • April -- ??
    • May -- ??
    • June -- ??
    • July -- ??
    • August -- ??
    • September -- ??
    • October -- ??
    • November -- ??
    • December -- ??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!